Done with rude people

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocie

Reaction score
So one of my husbands friends is a hair stylist who lost her license and cant get a new one because the school shut down. So she can't really get into supplier stores with out one. She isnt my friend but she asked him if I could get her stuff from the shop I work at cost (my employee discount).

So I said yes and she came in we ordered her some color, hair extensions (which I thought were for her) and a flat iron. Well the last few times she has takin advantage and I had a feeling she was getting things for her clients and friends.

Well today 5 mins before we close for the day she comes in talking on her cell phone real loud while there were our last minute clients that were getting finished up. Grabs a curling iron, flat iron, and a bunch of skin stuff doesnt even look at me! Throws the stuff on the counter where im standing and keeps talking on her phone. I was shocked! Then says
"they are for clients" and just keep yappin on her cell.......

I was so pissed off so I called my manger and had her ring her up with out my discount. Like just so so rude. She was sooo mad she kept giving me dirty looks the whole time on her phone while paying and grabbed her bag and slammed the door.

I felt upset and ashamed I dont no why lol. I wanted to cry but she was so rude and gave me no warning she was coming In. I think I did the right thing though. No more discounts for her.

I should be happy I finally put a stop to this but im ashamed for some reason

Wow! she is obviously used to getting what she wants.

Lets hope she gets the message and doesn't take advantage of you again. She will probably tell your other half, so be prepared for that.

Good for you lovey, you were helping her out and the least you expect back is a little respect. She is taking adavantage of your good nature, the money she is saving is going in her pocket, without even a thank you to you. I think you did the right thing, stick to your guns. Let her find someone else to use.

I think it is SOOO rude to talk on your phone whilst trying to buy something. Why cant she call them back. For all she knows, your manager might have already told you off for selling stock at staff discount to a stylist who no longer has a license. If you want to smooth things over, blame the store, say they have caught on to what you have been selling for her to use on clients. At least you wont have to deal with her at work again.

Don't feel ashamed, tbh technically you were lying to your employer and selling stock at a reduced price to an unlicensed stylist, knowing that she is still getting paying clients. Would that not be an offense? (not sure how the laws are over there, but it doesn't sound like she has put you in a very good position)

Good luck and chin up

Is there no governing body to get her licence? I don't understand things like that but in the uk city and guilds (the governing body who gives a certificate to prove you are competent) can issue you with a copy of your certificate if the original is lost.
With you saying its a licence, can these get revoked due to poor quality work etc...? Or are they allong the lines of a uk certificate that are valid as long as you are alive? Xoxo

Is there no governing body to get her licence? I don't understand things like that but in the uk city and guilds (the governing body who gives a certificate to prove you are competent) can issue you with a copy of your certificate if the original is lost.
With you saying its a licence, can these get revoked due to poor quality work etc...? Or are they allong the lines of a uk certificate that are valid as long as you are alive? Xoxo

Hey! So yes here in my province at one time everyone had lisences and you would pay your dues to the boreds every year to practice. The government scratched to bored several years ago so now we became "certified" instead of "lisenced" so no more dues per year.
Thid unregulation of the industry made a flood of un registered scools, underground schools, NSS salons. So because there are no longer boards like there was managing the industry if you loose your "certifacte" or "lisence" depending what year you finish. If your scool shuts down and you have misplaced your certifacte you are outta luck. Your exam is logged with the association in rare cases but your hours are not. So many need to start their 500 hrs again. And if you cant find your papers then you cant get in to supply stores.

However because the industry is unregulated you dont sometimes need a certifacte to practice so salons hired these people with no proof of trade. I sqeezed in when the industry was some what descent still and went to a registered school. Now there are scools in everyones basement and nails/hair/aesthetics on every road lots some have mever went to school.

So yeah there isnt a body governing the industry lol. You can go be an electrolists on line now. Xoxoxo

So one of my husbands friends is a hair stylist who lost her license and cant get a new one because the school shut down. So she can't really get into supplier stores with out one. She isnt my friend but she asked him if I could get her stuff from the shop I work at cost (my employee discount).

So I said yes and she came in we ordered her some color, hair extensions (which I thought were for her) and a flat iron. Well the last few times she has takin advantage and I had a feeling she was getting things for her clients and friends.

Well today 5 mins before we close for the day she comes in talking on her cell phone real loud while there were our last minute clients that were getting finished up. Grabs a curling iron, flat iron, and a bunch of skin stuff doesnt even look at me! Throws the stuff on the counter where im standing and keeps talking on her phone. I was shocked! Then says
"they are for clients" and just keep yappin on her cell.......

I was so pissed off so I called my manger and had her ring her up with out my discount. Like just so so rude. She was sooo mad she kept giving me dirty looks the whole time on her phone while paying and grabbed her bag and slammed the door.

I felt upset and ashamed I dont no why lol. I wanted to cry but she was so rude and gave me no warning she was coming In. I think I did the right thing though. No more discounts for her.

I should be happy I finally put a stop to this but im ashamed for some reason

HOW RUDE!!!! On that note I think it's wrong that you were basically supplying an unlicensed hairstylist. Depending which province your in you could have been in deep poop if anything happened to any of her clients as you were supplying (and your poor boss could have gotten blamed too). Now again depending which province but if she did her training at a governed school then her certificate would be on record with the provincial government and she just has to get into contact with the right department and could easily get a copy. If she got certified by any Jo blow school(good or bad) she's kinda out of luck. Tell her this info and watch her reaction when you say sort it out, I'm not your "dealer" anymore lol

Hey guys thanks for the relpys! No worries I wasnt supplying her business of anything. My boss carrys flat irons, hair extensions to sell to clients just like shampoos and stuff. This girls salon does not. So I have my family/staff discount. So I was just giving her my family discount. We arn't a supply stote or anything. The color was just because we switched color lines and so my boss gave her our remaining color for cheap to get rid of it. I definatly won't be giving her my family discount ever again. My hubby is at camp right now so im sure she fbooked him to tell on me what a stupid women. Lol.

Latest posts

Back