Don't know where to go from here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutesuki

Reaction score
Ok so basically me and my business partner have a successful hair and beauty salon which we have been runing trouble free now for nearly 4 years. I am proud to say that we are probably one of the best in the area and all of our clients are loyal and happy with our services.

The trouble started with a client who has been coming for 9 months now for her full head highlights, extensions and sometimes she has a Shellac man or ped.

We are very busy and the lady was always calling up wanting a last min appointment for example to have her hair extensions done again. It has been explained to her that she must book an appointment as it is not the type of treatment that can be squeezed in. Her reactions over the months about not fitting her in were do you know who I am and demanded we cancelled another client for her so she could come in. She was eventually told not to bother coming back and perhaps she should find another hairdressers.

Ok so that was the end of that, so we thought, until a few weeks ago we got abusive messages on facebook saying we'd better fit her in or else. This was ignored. She then proceeded to call the salon land line and ranted a load of abuse to the receptionist that didn't even make sense down the phone. The receptionist said he couldn't even make out what was being said but heard the words "smash up".

So the story continues, we locked the salon that weekend as usual, picked up my children from the childminder and went home as usual. I was woken to a phonecall at 4am on Sunday morning from my business partner, saying there had been an accident at the salon.

On arriving there was a (later revealed by the police) stolen range rover stuck in the shopfront, shutter was hanging of and basically a hole where the shop front once was.

Anyway to cut along story short police didn't care blah blah (lack of evidence apparently!!) the salon has now been fixed up through our insurance after 3 weeks we got a message saying that we now need to pay protection money :S

So That' it really don't know if anybody can give me any advice, don't want to be held ransom to pay this money but at the same time don't want this happening again.

The new salon front looks lovely and we are hoping it will stay that way but we just don't know.

So sorry for the long post but couldn't explain any shorter!

if you're getting threats hun you really need to call the police. If its messages then keep them or print them off as proof, if they are phonecalls then try and record them with a mobile or something. keep all this as evidence and log all these details on paper, anytime something happens, call the police. I know it may seem like you're not doing much, but you are. This is yours and your business partner's livlihood. You live on the money you earn from the salon and clothe and feed you and your families with it. Do no let them get away with this! If you are constantly calling the police then eventually they will get up and do something about it, but whatever you do, do not give up hope! good luck hun xxx

Wow that's frightening! I cant really help but have you shown the message to the police?

I'm so sorry this is happening to you, it's such a horrible situation to be in. I totally agree with the other suggestions, report everything to the police xxx

Who does she think she is the flipping queen, cancel clients for her bloody cheek

Get a salon phone that records phone calls, don't pay any money,

The police will be able to trace phone calls

It might just be a coincidence might not have been her

Yes of course have contacted the police, the officer that comes to see us takes details and tells us "I will come back later when I have spoken to my supervisor" The verdict is then is this is all hearsay and we cant go accusing people (despite names being given and independent witnesses to these threats). We have been told along the grapevine this woman is from a family of wrong uns so to speak that do this sort of thing all the time so the police don't care. Have completely lost faith in the police force, they will arrest somebody for trivial things but not when it gets serious.

I honestly think we may end up closing :sad: just seems so silly just because we couldn't do this womans hair. Makes me wonder if there i any free choice anymore when you cant have a business with your rules.

Go higher in the police, get proof if threats record phone calls!

Who does she think she is the flipping queen, cancel clients for her bloody cheek

Get a salon phone that records phone calls, don't pay any money,

The police will be able to trace phone calls

It might just be a coincidence might not have been her

Good idea on the recording phone, still not sure it will be taken seriously though.

we are 100% this was no coincidence, I failed to mention in my original post some (three separate people) regular customers were also approached before it happened and told it would happen. These people are willing to tell the police, yet the police say its "hearsay" and will not even take any statements, in our statement the police wouldnt even allow us to mention any of the threats or anything to do with the lead up with these people saying it was irrelevant.

F sake!!!

I thought people got the jail these days for throwing fag doubts or peeing in the street but its ok for someone to threaten and drive a car through your window!!

Whst is the uk coming to?!?

Keep other clients out of it don't even discuss it with them, for their sake don't want them getting burnt fingers so to speak,

I understand the he said she said hearsay but hit them with evidence try get a 2nd hand camera to record outside and find away to record phone calls, take screen shots of any fb stuff too

Please do not pay any money!!

Yes its so frustrating. I do not want to pay any money think the stress would be less if we just shut down rather than having that hanging over us.

Definitely going to get a recorder for the phone and some CCTV.

Not going to discuss it with anyone else as don't know who knows these people.

Just crossing our fingers this all just goes away eventually!

I have sent you a pm hope this helps

Laura x

This has to be your worst nightmare!
Don't pay anything

Go to you local councillors and MP. Sid the police, how dare they.

If you really are thinking if closing before doing so go to the local media!

Hi
What's the latest?

This is really frightening! I hope you don't give in to her, or even close!
Good luck x

Oh my god that is awful!! I hope the police have co-operated with you by now?
There are some horrible weird childish people out there!! X

O I'd pay up alright and make sure the police were there to catch them collecting!
However is does not sound like that route is for you. So just ignore threats have no communication what so ever with them.get your security sorted out and hound the police to make them do something.
i don't think they would continue as there's nothing in it for them think they wanted to teach you a lesion. If you pay they will never leave you alone!!
I had a bomb threat once via a msg on my salon answering machine and the police were straight out, they traced the msg to a mobile and it was a mental lady who was obsessed with us and my poor stylist. They were very serious about it I however was not just another crank.
Be strong dont let them run you out of town this is u.k not Italy xx

Sounds like an alcoholic to me. Getting her booze on and ringing up abusing. But then I'm no psychiatrist.

Sounds like an alcoholic to me. Getting her booze on and ringing up abusing. But then I'm no psychiatrist.

Sound like it could be. The car crash thing may not be related, but its still scary.

go to the papers, and tell the police you are doing so. Get the papers to 'infer' that the police have a very good idea who has done this and that they are being watched carefully. Apart from being an excellent newsworthy story it also gives madam a heads up that they know its her and should she try again they will be straight round! Tell them about the blackmail too.
Cant believe the police have done nothing, get your MP involved too, i di when i had problems and its amazing how suddenly the police will do anything for you..
good luck xx

Latest posts

Back