Dont want to offend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does because you pay through the nose for these treatments and they are sub standard,dosn't inspire you to go back does it?That personal touch just wasn't there...unfortuantely.Must be disheartening for the therapists(well the ones who care)

thats so true, i would hate to be made to stick to such a conveyor belt system, part of the treatment should be interaction with your clients, as you said that personal touch is what keeps people coming back. xx

thats so true, i would hate to be made to stick to such a conveyor belt system, part of the treatment should be interaction with your clients, as you said that personal touch is what keeps people coming back. xx

It does because you pay through the nose for these treatments and they are sub standard,dosn't inspire you to go back does it?That personal touch just wasn't there...unfortuantely.Must be disheartening for the therapists(well the ones who care)

Totally, that's one of the reasons why i left that spa because it is exactly like a conveyer belt, you don't build a rapport with clients and you have the same conversations ("where do you live?", "how long have you worked here?" etc) up to 10 times a day, every day. I felt like a robot!!!:lol:

TBH I can think of far better places for her to spend her hard earned cash.I have loads of clients that have nothing but negative remarks made about Champneys.

I.e rushed treatments yep by inexperienced therapists,cost cutting,and generally rubbish treatments. & yep

I know not all the therapists are the same,and I am not trying to be nasty if any of you work in Champneys,but this is the general feeling I have from clients and friends I know who have been there.

I went to college while doing my level 3 with a lady who worked there and she was so fed up with working there because of the way they cut all their treatment times down and the fact that they were thrown in at the deep end that she made the decision to stop beauty therapy altogether.She said if she ever did another facial again she would scream.She left level 3 half way through the course.

Anyway,I dont know how to break the news that there are much better places to go,should I just swallow hard and try to enjoy????I dont mean to sound ungrateful it's just when you are in the know it's a bit difficult to put up and shut up.

i wasnt impressed with my day...how the heck can you do a facial inc massage and shpeel of for 10 mins about what i should buy and why in 25 mins??? by the way everything is in 25 min slots unless you upgrade...thats massages/manicures/pedi's etc etc or at least it was last year when hubby bought me one.

i wasnt impressed with my day...how the heck can you do a facial inc massage and shpeel of for 10 mins about what i should buy and why in 25 mins??? by the way everything is in 25 min slots unless you upgrade...thats massages/manicures/pedi's etc etc or at least it was last year when hubby bought me one.
Yes everything 25 mins as you say,couldn't believe it although had heard stories about this,Bit of a joke really.

Not at all the image that I had about them before I read this thread! :eek: :hug:

Not at all the image that I had about them before I read this thread! :eek: :hug:
Well the accommodation and food is nice,and the bit of a treatment you do get is nice too,just wish it was longer for less.:hug:

I came across this thread and was done while i was away in France.
Et alors...
You have not "offended" babs as i used to be a therapist at Forest Mere for a year and a half......and my what a long time that was in health farms as it goes...LOL

Alot of valid points are raised here and i would like to say that most of it is true...sadly.
Yes,i did alot of work with Decleor,Elemis etc,but i could see no future in a spaloke Champneys.
When i went for a promotion and the girl that got it was 10 years younger than me and she was 20 at the time i knew that my job would not be fulfilled.
The morale at Champneys has taken a different view now than say 20 years ago.
Yes,the surroundings are lovely,yes the facilities are good,but the treatments...well Decleor is no longer in Champneys...and for good reasons too.
having said that,if anyone can make it at a health farm or a cruise liner they ARE good therapists....you will always get some who are just thier for "status".
Beauty in France and in particular in spas in France have a different attitude,with utmost dedication.
However "instituts,and parapharmacies and parfumeries are more common than spas in France.

I have fond memories of Forest Mere as well as bad...but there are therapists who "care" babs.:)

Just out of interest did you have a blond therapist called Susie by any chance?

Deb379

Just out of interest did you have a blond therapist called Susie by any chance?

Deb379
There were so many therapists there i cant remember.The only girl i stayed in contact with was Charlene,and Mary who is a very good friend of mine and now works in Basingstoke.Im sorry maybe i would remember Susy if i saw her now:|

Latest posts

Back