Double layer of Foundation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikkiSC

Reaction score
I've just been to a new client who had Gelish that was done just before Christmas. I'm pretty sure it was genuine as one of the colour used was the silver glitter from the new Trends collection but it took ages to come off and came away like a powder. Client said she hadn't used cuticle oil (wasn't told to) but even so, it was a nightmare!

Her nails are very weak and she said that tech told her she had used a double layer of foundation for extra strength. It definitely wasn't structure gel as I used that with her today and she said that wasn't used at the previous appt. Has anyone come across this before?:eek:

I've just been to a new client who had Gelish that was done just before Christmas. I'm pretty sure it was genuine as one of the colour used was the silver glitter from the new Trends collection but it took ages to come off and came away like a powder. Client said she hadn't used cuticle oil (wasn't told to) but even so, it was a nightmare!

Her nails are very weak and she said that tech told her she had used a double layer of foundation for extra strength. It definitely wasn't structure gel as I used that with her today and she said that wasn't used at the previous appt. Has anyone come across this before?:eek:

A double layer? I've not come across that...what sprung to mind was that the tech may have applied pro bond before foundation...that would almost certainly make it a mare to remove!

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

A double layer? I've not come across that...what sprung to mind was that the tech may have applied pro bond before foundation...that would almost certainly make it a mare to remove!

Hmm, I've not heard of using Pro Bond under either? What would that do? It removes fine under a fusion acrylic....... The client seemed to think it was 2 x foundation... :eek:

I have I know a tech using a diff brand doing this. She doesn't acetone soak off, she files off & the 2 layers of base coats acts as a barrier to protect natural nail.

Hmm, I've not heard of using Pro Bond under either? What would that do? It removes fine under a fusion acrylic....... The client seemed to think it was 2 x foundation... :eek:

You're not meant to! But I was told by someone working for NH, that pro bonding under Gelish prevents lifting, but that it would be hard to budge after. I haven't done this btw, but you never know...I honestly don't know what 2 x foundation would do!

Latest posts

Back