Double sprays

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhatanning

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I've got a client really soon and she wants me to tan her twice, the last spray tan I did for her I went over her chest twice (I use Sienna X) and she said it turned out perfectly. I didn't think tanning twice did anything? Is it worth it? or shall I just increase the solution coming out of the pin?

Thaaaank yoou! x

Ashley
DHA Tanning

Tanning twice doesn't as the first layer is the one that tans not the added layers. It does mean that if any is missed you will get it on the second go.
There was a salon round me that did ask every client if they wanted a second coat for £7

Ive alway found that i go darker with 2 layers of tan rather than one? X

I find an extra layer of tan makes a big difference, it always goes darker for me if I do 2!

Amanda xx

Wouldn't it be better to just do a higher % saves wasting solution - that's if she wants her darker.

I was taught with Sienna x that 2 coats makes no difference - but in my experience it does!

Jemima :)

Thank you guys, well I think I'll do two coats and see the results for myself. I don't think she wants a darker solution but she said that it turned out better and only slight darker.

I will just have to see how it goes! I take it should hose her dry before applying the second coat?

Ashley
DHA Tanning

Two applications of spray tan will undoubtedly effect a darker tan outcome than one single application within certain limits of course and dependent on how much solution is generally applied on the first application I.E. if minimal solution is applied initially ...twice the dosage on the skin will effect more solution that will do its job more effectively

Likewise if a high dosages is applied to the skin initially the second application will not be so dramatic in its depth and colour compared to the first...if that makes sense :eek:

Yeah that does Collin, I generally have the solution coming out like a medium mist (covers the skin really well, I've never had drips or beads) so if I keep it on the same setting and do two coats she should be alright

Ashley
DHA Tanning

Yeah that does Collin, I generally have the solution coming out like a medium mist (covers the skin really well, I've never had drips or beads) so if I keep it on the same setting and do two coats she should be alright

Ashley
DHA Tanning

Noting to loose and possibly everything to gain by giving it a go :wink2:

I use xen tan and always spray twice x

I do 2 :) but on my 2nd coat I tend to turn my gun down a little. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Your skin will only absorb so much but if your gun isn't on very high to start with a second coat will make a difference.

It doesn't matter how many coats you do it's more about how much solution is coming out and going into the client. You could set your gun on 1 (or which ever is the lowest setting) and do 7 coats or set it to 5 (the highest) and do 1. The end result should be about the same.
It just all depends on what level you feel comfortable having the gun on as to if you feel you need to do a second coat.

Your skin will only absorb so much but if your gun isn't on very high to start with a second coat will make a difference.

It doesn't matter how many coats you do it's more about how much solution is coming out and going into the client. You could set your gun on 1 (or which ever is the lowest setting) and do 7 coats or set it to 5 (the highest) and do 1. The end result should be about the same.
It just all depends on what level you feel comfortable having the gun on as to if you feel you need to do a second coat.

I fully agree here...if the first application is done correctly there really is no need to apply two coats which takes longer

We teach, and always have for many years now, taught a one application method

That said different training organisation's each teach differently and there is nothing wrong either with a double application method ....if it works for you then don't beak it kind of thing

I guess...especially for beginners there is a slight advantage adopting a double application as tis goes some way in mitigating any "missed" areas on the first application

That said once experienced and with a good quality solution there really is only a need to make one application...saves time and time is money and te net tan outcome is just as good

HTH

I think I will just mention to her that I can increase the solution coming out of the gun, rather than double spraying with a light mist.

Ashley
DHA Tanning

Latest posts

Back