Dragon nail art :-(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maceyratbags

Reaction score
I havent been on this board for months!!! Busy busy...

I have a client who wants the Welsh Dragon painted onto her thumbnails for her wedding. I've practiced with various designs & brushes, but her nail beds are tiny and to get such a complex design to fit in that space is proving impossible. I don't want to give up though, I've said I will do it, and I will... somehow!

Has anyone seen any transfers or stickers around with the dragon on?

(Btw, I should have taken a photo of one of my 'practise' dragons - it looked like an alsation :lol: )

maceyratbags said:
I havent been on this board for months!!! Busy busy...

I have a client who wants the Welsh Dragon painted onto her thumbnails for her wedding. I've practiced with various designs & brushes, but her nail beds are tiny and to get such a complex design to fit in that space is proving impossible. I don't want to give up though, I've said I will do it, and I will... somehow!

Has anyone seen any transfers or stickers around with the dragon on?

(Btw, I should have taken a photo of one of my 'practise' dragons - it looked like an alsation :lol: )
have you thought of doing just the head of a dragon from the cuticle and down the nail...or what about doing it by tiny dots using the dotting tool might be easier than using a brush as you could slowly create the image outwards...plus if you get the first part right - seal it, then continue with the design so avoiding messing up your first stage...hope this helps

Hi Ange,

Not sure if this is any good to you but Too Much Fun have a 'Medieval' design pack with a couple of dragons - not exactly the welsh dragon, but it might be better than freehand (only say that cos I'm useless at freehand!). Give me about an hour and I'll get a pic of it (ooops, forgot to mention, you'd probably need to airbrush it, you might get away with using paints though). When I manage to post the pic (never done it before!) let me know if it's any use to you and I'll send a couple of masks off to you.

Failing that, if I can find a smallish welsh dragon on the net I might be able to make a couple of water decals for you - just bought some new fangled paper which promises the earth and I'm dying to try it out.

When's the wedding?

Jackie
www.LibertyNailDesign.com
Dublin

Me again, I've found quite a few welsh dragon gifs on the 'net so I'll have a little go at making some water decals for you later on this evening (have to cook for my beloved right now!).

I'll let you know how they turn out and if you want I can post them off to you.

Jackie
Dublin

Not sure if this will work but I've tried to attach a pic of the welsh dragon - If this is ok I'll have a go at making the decals (holds breath) - I'll let you know if they're successful!

Jackie

Me again!! :rolleyes:

Ok, the water decals work!!! :) I now have a lovely little red welsh dragon on my nail as a tester!

If you want to send me your address in pm I'll send some out to you.

Jackie
Dublin

JackieMc said:
Me again, I've found quite a few welsh dragon gifs on the 'net so I'll have a little go at making some water decals for you later on this evening (have to cook for my beloved right now!).

I'll let you know how they turn out and if you want I can post them off to you.

Jackie
Dublin
wait a minute... you make water decals??? please explain as i am thoroughly confused ;)

fluffho said:
wait a minute... you make water decals??? please explain as i am thoroughly confused ;)

Hi Fluff, I found a company on the 'net that makes special paper for 'home-made' water decals (initially searched for it when I saw some 'designer' decals being sold for £25 a page!!!!! Must say, don't think anyone bid for it at that price)

With this paper you can print out your own water decals, it's so easy..... I'm just searching for the link to save anyone who's interested a fortune!

Found it.....

www.on-linepaper.co.uk

Cost £12 plus VAT for 8 x A4 sheets

Jackie
Dublin

Ok, back again! I've applied the decal to a nail tip - is this the sort of thing you're after?

Jackie
Dublin

Nice one Hun, this is fab.........thanks for sharing the link............

What a fab idea Jackie, I am going to get some and then i can make some one off designs :cool:
Thanks for the link

Wow what a great idea to do your own, thanks for sharing the info, you are a gem.:)

Such a world of opportunities on here..

You're welcome! I didn't make the directions very clear - once you click on the above link, scroll down till you see a link for LAZERTRAN and then you need to look for...

LAZERTRAN INKJET Waterslide Decal Paper for inkjet printers

As it says - for use with your printer.

It's great for making custom designs.

Jackie
Dublin

Hi JackieMc

Your post was great on the water decal paper
Can I ask what software you use to do them and do you cut the paper to a smaller size as not to waste in the printer also what size do you make the template for nail design
Thanks for sharing your great idea with us all I am sure I am only one of many who have gone and followed your idea

Thanks

Jill :lol:

There are different types of lazertran paper if you go to www.lazertran.com you will see all the different types and instructions.

some one should send a picture to Mick of a full set of nails using the paper transfers, he would probably put it them on his site.

lilypond said:
Hi JackieMc

Your post was great on the water decal paper
Can I ask what software you use to do them and do you cut the paper to a smaller size as not to waste in the printer also what size do you make the template for nail design
Thanks for sharing your great idea with us all I am sure I am only one of many who have gone and followed your idea
Thanks

Jill :lol:

Hi Jill, All I did was find a pic of the Welsh Dragon (from the 'net) and saved it as a jpg image. Then I inserted the picture in 'Publisher' and shrunk the pic until it was small enough to fit on a fingernail. I had to print off a couple of test pages on normal paper first to make sure I'd got the right size. Then I just printed it onto the water decal paper. It's so easy!

And you're very welcome for the info!

Jackie
Liberty Nail Design
Dublin

Well Jackie,

It looks like you sure ar makeing the most of your new broad band it must have taken ages to find that paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back