Driving lessons & tests?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pebblesxo

Reaction score
Hey! So I quit my lessons last year after having around 15 hours as I couldn't afford it. So planning to start back up in the new year!
How many lessons did it take you before your test ?
the main thing putting me off my lessons again is the theory test! I've cancelled going to do it 2x now!

C
xxx

I wouldn't have any lessons until you pass your theory, I had about 25 lessons but failed my test 3 times on silly things, best thing to do is persevere x

hi
I had 15, 1 hour lessons,when I was 17, then started up again when I was 25, I then had 10, 1&1/2 hour lessons, I learnt every single possible theory question, passed first time, and passed my practical on my 4th go!! Stick at it, best thing I ever did!! X

Book in for your theory test asap, you have to do it, just read the highway code, then get a friend to quiz you on random pages. Worst thing is be confident in driving but waiting for your theory test.

I had to book mine 6 weeks in advance which is such a long time when its what you want more than anything!

I did 2 hour lessons and did about 20 passed both theory and practical 2nd time x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks Everyone!
Well i've went ahead and booked my theory its for next month some point!
If I try & fail lest I know what to expect!
Then I've asked for money towards my lessons in February for my birthday :), quiting my lessons last year was the worst thing I've did i could have been driving started saving up £2 coins in a jar towards a car if I pass, thinking positive lol!
Best go get studying while I have no clients today lol xxx

Study lots,there's an app for your theory now too apparently,and don't forget,that as well as paying for your practical test, you have to pay to use the car,and for an hours lesson beforehand too, I did anyway, didn't realise til the day before,made me even more nervous bot knowing ahead! Let us know how u get on xx

yeah im doing the online mock tests, passed the first one, failed the second but i'm getting more correct than what im getting wrong so that's a plus! just writing all the questions down with the answers to read over then i'll go over my book again!
No bad considering i've just started studying again!
I know I think a few of my friends are going to hire a car to take me out for a bit next month to help me, then i'm going to book the intensive course maybe in February depending how confident I feel and if I pass my theory lol i did like 15+ hours last year just what a waste giving them up regret it now lol xxx

I had 50 lessons and passed 1st time, stick at it x

i had 50 hours and passed second time, passed theory first x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I had 8 one hour lessons passed second time. Passed first time with theory :)

I bought the theory test book and the PC disk, I booked my theory 6 weeks in advance and practiced everyday. Passed first time, I then had a driving lesson everyday (mon - fri 1hr), passed my practical first time too. I had extra pressure to pass my test, as I was going to be made redundant, if I couldn't drive.
Keep practising and don't panic, you'll get there in the end. X

feeling a bit more positive after all your replys!!!
More studying now !
@lilcheekymonkey , how many one hour lessons did you do ? just one weeks worth or the 6 weeks? I hate the one hour a week i feel i just forget and it drags out!
xxxxx

@lilcheekymonkey , how many one hour lessons did you do ? just one weeks worth or the 6 weeks? I hate the one hour a week i feel i just forget and it drags out!
xxxxx

I think it was around 4 weeks worth. I passed my theory in the Start of August and then passed the practical on the 18th of September. It's hard to remember exactly as it was 5 years ago now lol xx

thats not so bad! I'm still doing all differnt mock tests! will book a few lessons in jan / feb before paying for the intesive course haha <3 then i've been behind the wheel again xxx

The theory test app is some of the best money I've spent. It's well worth it and tracks your progress so you know which areas you need a bit more help with.
I've failed my practical twice now but been having lessons on and off since I was 17. Just try and stick with it.
It's so expensive but worth it in the end.
Good luck you can do it!

yeah I'm going to download it I can't find my theory disks, and yeah giving the lessons up is by the far the worst things i did last year i could possibly be driving the now haha!
Thanks you 2 !!!!xxx

I had 10 hours when I was 17 n left it as my instructor kept falling asleep!!

I had 15 hours when I was 20 then left it as I was too pregnant to fit in the car, then aged 25 I did 15 hours but was pregnant again n had to quit when passing out became a daily occurrence. Straight after birth I had 5 more hours and passed first time. I passed my theory first time as well.

Best thing I ever bought was the driving test theory DVD, it was so boring I could have cried, but forced myself to do it once a day everyday. It must have helped. It helps if you get on well with your instructor too, I loved my second one, we put the world to rights every lesson and just laughed through it all. I was sad that I passed cuz learning was so much fun and real driving is not. Good luck though, it's the best thing u will ever do x

I had 10 hours when I was 17 n left it as my instructor kept falling asleep!!

I had 15 hours when I was 20 then left it as I was too pregnant to fit in the car, then aged 25 I did 15 hours but was pregnant again n had to quit when passing out became a daily occurrence. Straight after birth I had 5 more hours and passed first time. I passed my theory first time as well.

Best thing I ever bought was the driving test theory DVD, it was so boring I could have cried, but forced myself to do it once a day everyday. It must have helped. It helps if you get on well with your instructor too, I loved my second one, we put the world to rights every lesson and just laughed through it all. I was sad that I passed cuz learning was so much fun and real driving is not. Good luck though, it's the best thing u will ever do x
Falling asleep! Omg! That's awful haha. Made my day! Hahaha x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

instructor kept falling asleep? Oh my haha!
What a joke!
I've been a little bit off track with xmas and new year so going to get the finger back out and start mega studying again!
my friend just passed first time on her theory on the 30th!
but i can't seem to download the app for my phone ? I'm on a blackberry z10 ?
anyone any help with that ?
xx

Yeah! He announced his mrs had had a baby 4 days prior my first lesson and he looked exhausted! The whole 10 weeks was just a disaster.

I can't help you with an app on the blackberry but I am sure someone will know.

Latest posts

Back