driving tax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CadenceAlex

Reaction score
Dear All

Take a look at this and send it round everyone on your lists. It's a
way
for the government to track your car usage but it also knows what
where
when and inside leg measurement via GPS get them all to sign the
petition
on the link.

Please take a quick look. The link below will enable you to petition
against the proposal described here.

Sign and pass it on, it only takes a minute. The website is a little
slow
due to the volume of people petitioning against this - and you can see
why.

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you
having
to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill
to
use it.

The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the
BBC,
the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a
delivery driver.

A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid
£86 in
one month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody
will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast
you
have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit
you
can expect a NIP with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedoms and stopping the constant bashing of
the
car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

Please pass this on to anyone who owns a car/motorcycle. It affects
them.

Thanks,

Right, I actually thought this was a joke!

Teri x:hug:

I have signed it even though i dont drive, i signed my bf details too, BL***Y goverment will want to charge us for breathing soon

Erm nope, I heard about the taxes on driving they are trying to implement - which is really unfair!

I haven't signed yet but will do!

My god, I've just signed it and passed it on to my whole address book!!!

I could be wrong, but wasn't this the one that was being considered instead of massive fuel duties? They were going to cut the cost of tax on fuel (a fairly huge chunk of the cost is tax) so it came out more proportionately against not only the fuel you used, but also to encourage better distribution on the road system or something.

Please don't all jump down my throat if I'm wrong, and I'm not saying I agree or disagree anyway, but I seem to remember something like that being how the whole plan came about...

I could be wrong, but wasn't this the one that was being considered instead of massive fuel duties? They were going to cut the cost of tax on fuel (a fairly huge chunk of the cost is tax) so it came out more proportionately against not only the fuel you used, but also to encourage better distribution on the road system or something.

Please don't all jump down my throat if I'm wrong, and I'm not saying I agree or disagree anyway, but I seem to remember something like that being how the whole plan came about...

I reckon we all just hate paying out more hard earned cash to live in the same shi**y world that's not getting better!

Taxes are getting higher and for more things.. yet the income isn't improving.. eg wages aren't getting increased... cost of living moderately is ridiculous!!!

I reckon we all just hate paying out more hard earned cash to live in the same shi**y world that's not getting better!

Now that I definitely do agree with!!

Now I'll probably get jumped on here, but I'll gladly pay this tax if it means that even half the illegal cars on the road are removed. There are more advantages to this that I can see then there are disadvantages. That said, its just typical of this Labour government to want to fleece the public a little more before they are ousted out of power.

Well I've signed it for both hubby & me. God its like BB in the real world, not good. :( Also sent it to my contacts!! Finger's crossed they scrap this idea.

Latest posts

Back