Dry Cuts....?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of my clients tip more than a fiver! Twenty quid tips are not unusual.
£3 for a gents haircut is terrible. Even the cheapest old boy barbers here charge a tenner.

Tips??? What are they? LOL I kid you not. One lady came in and asked for a perm. On an OAP day I charge £26, which has no profit in it but I hook them in with that and then make the money on cuts and colours. She thought it was too dear and only wanted to pay £5! My perm lotion costs more than that!

Tips??? What are they? LOL I kid you not. One lady came in and asked for a perm. On an OAP day I charge £26, which has no profit in it but I hook them in with that and then make the money on cuts and colours. She thought it was too dear and only wanted to pay £5! My perm lotion costs more than that!

Lol that's such a cheek , £5 :eek: what about the delivery Vat and all your fully qualified services and insurance and rates and so on?
they are not that daft ,

I find the majority of the OAPs, and people wanting cheapo priced hair extensions are the most annoying ,

I understand doing perms in on quieter day in order to gain the cuts and colours etc ,
but the moaning never ceases with some of them , does it ?
and to ask for a £5 perm that just takes the biscuit :rolleyes:

I think they should all pay the same price for the same services ,

These type of people actually expect you to justify your wholesale prices to them with a full breakdown :eek:

I wonder.... would they ask the same in the chippy
can you imagine imagine.... err "how much did you actually pay for a couple of potatoes ?

they dont think of the deep fat fryer that has to be heated and filled then there's electricity and the staff who need to be payed

but on the other hand.... they probably do think about it before asking ,
as some of them are absolute past masters at moaning and groaning .

As they say the noisiest wheel gets oiled the first :rolleyes:

My average tip for a CBD is a fiver.
Do a perm (2 hours work) for a fiver? Maybe you should explain we have a min wage in this country!
My old gals merrily pay 100 odd quid for their roots and 85 quid for their perms. They toddle in and have cups of tea and sneak a look at cosmo magazine!
Just cos they are old doesnt mean they are poor.
My average client is 30's/40's and they don't question my charges. I'm seen as average priced for the area.

Hello, I'm new! I've really enjoyed reading this post, pricing is always the most contentious subject in any business isn't it?!

I am mobile and work in Cornwall where nobody earns enough money and everyone is perpetually skint, but I refuse to undervalue my skills and the training I have put in (not including the money my previous employers have also invested in my training!) so I am putting my prices up in April, having been the same for 3 years.

I will be charging £25 for a CBD and £12 for mens cuts, and I generally either refuse to do dry cuts or charge the same whether the hair is washed or not as it is my experience people are paying for, maybe cheeky? Seems to work fine though, and if someone isn't happy with that I'd rather lose them and make room for another customer who is! Main reason I like to cut wet and blow dry is to see the fall of the hair and will usually personalise each haircut when dry anyway.

Latest posts

Back