Dry, Flaky, Itchy skin. Any Suggestions Please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
For years and years now, I have battled with eczema on my face, especially in and around my eyebrows, corners of my nose and ears. I drives me demented and looks unsightly. Sometimes it gets quite itchy.

I have been to my gp on a number of occasions and have had skin scrapings done which were negative. I have been prescribed cortizone based ointments, creams etc...... which do help but the eczema always comes back as soon as I stop. I worry about this because I can't go on using cortizone indefinitely.

It's not related to my make-up as I seldom wear any and get it no matter the brand when I do wear it. I cleanse, tone and moisturize correctly including exfoliating twice weekly.

I don't suffer from dandruff so am at a loss as to what to do. Just this morning I knoticed my eybrow flaking. Eeeeew :eek:!

Does anybody have this problem or is anyone familiar with how to deal with this?

I've had excema since I was a child Tracey, I know what you're going through.
My worst patch was when I was 16, my whole lower face was just a mess. School leavers photo was not good.:eek: It was this that made me want to be a therapist, to see if I could help my own and other peoples skin.
I've found over the years that some skincare can actually make my excema worse. I use Guinot's Creme Nutrition Confort as a moisturiser (very protecting & nourishing), and I love Guinot's Gommage Biologique (very gentle aha peel. Try to find a local guinot salon for a consultation, I'm sure they will let you try a few samples.
I don't smother my face in makeup, Bare Escentuals mineral make up in winter, tinted SPF in summer, and finally don't get too stressed. That's a killer for my skin. Hth.:hug:

I get dry flaky skin on my eyebrows too, looks like dandruff in there. I have managed to pin point it to my cycle, bloody hormones. The week before the totm my forehead is so greasy its untrue but then it goes dry and flaky for the rest of the month. I have only suffered with this for the past 6 months since coming off the pill. before then I just had normal skin.

Rachel xxxxx

try aveeno cream. its made from oats and it worked a treat for me.
i was enquiring at the chemists and a lady who gets it on prescription for her daughters skin problem recomended it to me. i saw that there are a whole load of products in the aveeno range now, i think i saw them in superdrug.
the cream cost about £6 i think for a big tube.

I have had excema since I was a baby and it drives me nuts! lol Nothing seems to work, but try to use a emoilent that should ease the itchiness! I use hydromol and its really good, see if you can get it from your doctor!

Only thing with me my excema has got alot worse being pregnant! Only have 4 weeks to go on Sunday, but comes to think about it when I was on the pill my excema was fine! Strange huh??

I used to suffer with dry flaky skin on my face. The thing that was making mine worse were the lotions and potions.

I don't use anything on my face atm, just give it a going over with wet flannel. If I do get any dry bits coming back I put a little Solar Oil on and that seems to do the trick for me.

I feel for you I really do, it is a horrible thing to have xx

Some interesting comments here peeps. Thank you for your replies. My doc did suggest for me to apply 'nappy rash' cream or suedo cream at night to the itchy scaly spots. Apprently this helps.

and finally don't get too stressed. That's a killer for my skin. Hth.:hug:

Odette, you're having a laugh right, lol :lol:. Don't get too stressed????? STRESS? What stress? I'm not bl---y stressed!.

My mum had major spinal surgery, suspected heart attack and DVT, two infections, anaemia and whilst I'm nursing her I'm a mum, taxi driver, child psycologist, patient wife, food technologist, doer of the laundry and shopping, errands lady and domestic goddess! And you tell me to not get stressed :green: ?

Okay, thinking calm, non stressful thoughts ..........:Love: xx

Latest posts

Back