Dry hair extensions, please help!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I had hair extensions put in on the 15th July and they looked great, i did all my research found someone with experience to put them in and bought decent hair etc. Well 2 weeks on and i ready to take them out myself!!! They have gone really dry and looked knotty even after i've just brushed them. I've use conditioner everytime i wash my hair but i've also tried racoon leave in conditioner and hair masques and nothing seems to be working, is there any other products i could try that would help or should i just have them taken out? I'm really dissappointed because they looked great the first few days :cry:.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks very much :)

Last edited:
Hello,

I would contact the person who put them in, go over the aftercare advice sheet with them, if they gave you one, and see what the problem is just to make sure you are not doing anything wrong. Ask if they have had this problem before. They should be more than happy to help you put them right!

Hi Everyone,

I had hair extensions put in on the 15th July and they looked great, i did all my research found someone with experience to put them in and bought decent hair etc. Well 2 weeks on and i ready to take them out myself!!! They have gone really dry and looked knotty even after i've just brushed them. I've use conditioner everytime i wash my hair but i've also tried racoon leave in conditioner and hair masques and nothing seems to be working, is there any other products i could try that would help or should i just have them taken out? I'm really dissappointed because they looked great the first few days :cry:.

Hi! If you can get some wig conditioner and put it in your hair and brush it through it will make a big difference. Are your extensions human hair or synthetic. Synthetic extensions will not respond to condtioner like human hair will. You have to remember that although the extensions are in your natural hair, they don't absorb the oil that your scalp produces, which is what keeps your natural hair shiney and manageable. The person who put them in should be able to recommend a product to help revive your extensions. If not, go to an ethnic salon or ethic hair care supplier and ask them.Hope this helps!

have you been using heat styling? synthetic hair gets ruined by heat styling. if you used human hair then try detangleing with conditioner and ask the person who put them in what kind of other treatments may help, if not just get them taken out.

Hi Everyone,

Hi, some hair may look great at first , but unless you know what you are buying (usually by experience) you will probably get ripped off ,
with cheap turned hair ,

this cheaper hair during the factory process isnt always root to tip correct
so they chemically process it in acid baths
to try and remove all the cuticles
this then damages the hair
so then they have to try and restore it again
with a silicone layer to try and cover any rough cuticles of the upside down hair
so that it wont interlock,

but the problem is that it doesnt get rid of all those cuticles

and once the silicone coating wears or washes off
then the cuticles that are still left on start rub up together and will become matted and interlock,

if you could examine this type of hair under a powerful microscope you would see it resembled something like a damaged open pine cone

just imagine putting two pine cones like this together and turning one upside down ,
(thats the best way I can explain it)
they would interlock ,

You would be far better having hair extensions that have not been processed in any way and are root to tip correct,
any good quality hair extensions
should act and feel just like your own hair and be soft and silky
and also be re usable for at least two or more times ,

let us know how you go on :hug:

This is an older thread from last year lol x , :eek:

Latest posts

Back