Dry or wet cuticle removal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlea79

Reaction score
Was wondering what everyone does for cuticle removal with gel polish and acrylic? I use gelish and was taught to do a dry removal of the cuticle but was wondering what everyone else did. Watched a video on YouTube that got me thinking. For clients with very dry hand would a cuticle remover help or cause lifting. I used opi cuticle remover on my nails then washed my hands and throughly dried. Then did my usual gelish application.

Would love to hear everyone's opinions/experiences x

Hey I use cuticle away it's amazing for both shellac and acrylic have never removed cuticles dry xxx

I use Cnd shellac with cuticle away, it's an amazing product that literally dissolves cuticle and helps it lift off the nail plate, then soap & water to neutralise it x

For regular clients I remove cuticle dry as there generally isn't much build up, however for new clients it depends on the state of their nails lol if severe then I use CND Cuticle Away and remove with water and soap.

I also use Cuticle Away and deactivate with soapy water

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Might have to give cuticle away a try x

I've just started using the ink London cuticle remover and it's brilliant, best I've used so far!

Ditto Cuticle Away... it's shamazing!

(... did I really just use the word shamazing there?! :!:)

I've just started using cuticle away and have to say it's fantastic - much quicker than dry removal - clients
Love it 👍

My prep is the same as my humour....dry ;)

Cuticle away fan here too. Love the stuff. I only use a tiny amount and then deactivate with water x

Always cuticle away it's a must have

Has anyone used cuticle away with gelish?

Has anyone used cuticle away with gelish?

I have dive in the past but I now use all that jazz chocolate orange cuticle remover. Smells amazing!!!!!!! x

Yep I use cuticle away with gelush and CND shellac - great stuff don't feel right doin a dry prep now!!!

I'll never use cnd cuticle away again before enhancements!! I was advised too on here and I had many months of lifting issues until I stopped! Dry all the way for enhanments😁 wet for manicure.

Anyone else had lifting problems with acrylics!

Do u use the all that jazz with gelish?

Anyone else had lifting problems with acrylics!

Providing all traces of Cuticle Away are removed with soap and water, then dried, cleansed and dehydrated, there should be no issues with lifting.

Latest posts

Back