Dry shampoo question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elaine143a

Reaction score
Just popped over from beauty/nails side with quick query.

My bathroom is being refitted atm, so have not been able to wash hair. Today I used a dry shampoo (aerosol) for the first time ever which left my hair feeling dry and yukky (soz cant think of any other way to describe it, lol) but it had the desired result ie I didn't spend the whole day in work scratching my scalp to pieces like I would normally do after not washing my hair for several days.

I have fine, dead straight, highlighted hair in very good condition. I do not intend on using this type of shampoo again, but I may keep it for emergency "overslept" situations lol.

So, my question is: Can / do dry shampoos damage your hair in any way?

No they don't, but you can save a heap of money on them when you realise that all they are is talc in a spray can designed to absorb oil.

The exact same effect can be achieved by sprinkling talc into your roots, massaging in and then brushing through your hair.

:)

You could also go for a root boosting dust such as sugar dust, magic dust etc.... Brilliant for fine hair at any time as it adds volume and can be used through the length to add texture (when applied to the root the more you play with it the bigger it gets so great if you like volume) x

No they don't, but you can save a heap of money on them when you realise that all they are is talc in a spray can designed to absorb oil.

The exact same effect can be achieved by sprinkling talc into your roots, massaging in and then brushing through your hair.

:)

THAT'S exactly what my hair felt like - as tho I had put talc on it! I won't put talc on my body, so not too happy about putting it on my hair, but if I doesn't cause any damage, I'll keep the spray for emergencies.

Thanks for replying xxxxxxxx

You could also go for a root boosting dust such as sugar dust, magic dust etc.... Brilliant for fine hair at any time as it adds volume and can be used through the length to add texture (when applied to the root the more you play with it the bigger it gets so great if you like volume) x

Thanks, Tomme for reply. I don't use any products on my hair to boost, as after many years of trying everything on the market (and at I my age, I have tried most of them lol), I have come to accept my fine, soft, straight but silky trestles! Come near me with a styling product now, and watch me sprint lol! xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks, Tomme for reply. I don't use any products on my hair to boost, as after many years of trying everything on the market (and at I my age, I have tried most of them lol), I have come to accept my fine, soft, straight but silky trestles! Come near me with a styling product now, and watch me sprint lol! xxxxxxxxxxx

You really should try a dust then, sprinkle a small amount on, brush through then use your fingers to bump up and add texture. It's finer than real dust so doesn't show at all, makes the hair appear thicker, lasts forever, or at least tigi sugar dust has lasted me 6 months using it 4 or 5 times a day on average for 5 days a week and can't be felt at all if you use a little. X

Latest posts

Back