Drying nail polish, quick?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baby11

Reaction score
Hi All

I have started to apply coloured nail polish and liking it :) normally I am a one coat clear nail varnish girl.

My question is though, I have a 9 month old baby girl and dont have time to wait for nail polish to dry. So far yesterday I applied a base coat, two coats of nail polish and swear down it took me hours waiting for it to dry etc. I havent applied the top coat yet.

Is there anyway I can speed this up? I was thinking of purchasing a nail dryer?

Thanks

Hi, how about a quick drying Spray. Should be able to get these at most wholesalers! :green: HTH. xxx

Do I apply it after each coat?

Well I guess you could, but each coat should take that long to dry. I do all 10 fingers/toes, then go back to the start to do the next coat. You could spray the drying spray on top of your final top coat or buy a quick drying top coat. I use NSI's airshield which dries hard and shiney in 3mins. :hug: xxx

Can I apply the NSI's airshield on everyday to prolong nail polish? I have read about solar speed spray on here as well that everyone loves. Is that good? I was thinking applying polish, top coat and spraying the solar speed spray?

Are the nail dryers no good then?

Buy SECHE VITE topcoat it's touchdry in 5 minutes.

Buy SECHE VITE topcoat it's touchdry in 5 minutes.

Does the polish underneath have to be bone dry?

Thanks I'll look into it, heard of it before but never looked into it.

Can I apply the NSI's airshield on everyday to prolong nail polish? I have read about solar speed spray on here as well that everyone loves. Is that good? I was thinking applying polish, top coat and spraying the solar speed spray?

Are the nail dryers no good then?

That sounds fine what you plan to do.

As for a drier, I've never used one so couldn't comment.

No it doesnt have to bebone dry...do this:

Paint all ten nails with basecoat
Apply colour to nails
Apply second coat of colour
Apply SECHE VITE topcoat.

You dont have to let any of the layers dry, Seche vite dries the polish.
Try it.
x

You dont have to let any of the layers dry, Seche vite dries the polish.
Try it.
x

Is that the same for Solar Oil?

Thanks

Yes you just apply solar oil around the cuticles and leave it. Oil starves the polish of oxygen allowing it to dry.

x

Oh wow that sounds fantastic! Just what I need. Do you apply it like a nail polish or just let a drop, drop onto the nail and leave?

Just drop a bit at the cuticle and let it seep onto the nail...dont drag it over the nail or they'll smudge.

Thanks for that, cant wait to try now :)

have you tried solar speed spray by creative? its great and smells lovely too!
spray it on at the end of all polish application

hth's xx

Not yet no, going to see how I get on with the oil first. I have very dry surrounding skin so an oil would be good to massage in.

Latest posts

Back