Dublin beauty show

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was there too, didnt get the majority of what I needed from Sweet Squared as they didn't have them there but thats understandable as they can't bring everything, got some Vinylux though! Lovely people, thought it was busier than last year at the show!

You must be wrecked now, the only stand with a constant queue that I was in!

That seems to be a part of the show 'experience' at S2 lol! I can't wait to hear all about it when they return. X

The staff at sweet squared were just lovely! But with just three tills the queues were massive, and there were loads of products I wanted not in stock. Did you check that you had received everything in your order? I purchased for myself and someone else today and both orders had items missing I had to go back and ask for them, but the American man in the cream suit was more than helpful. Who was he? I just felt there could have been a better system, perhaps just ship all the orders and use the staff at the show to take orders an shorten queue time. I'd say there were a lot of mistakes as they were under pressure x

Also bought a few more vinylux colours! Got guilded pleasure! Wow it's gorgeous! I need need need this in shellac!!!

The staff at sweet squared were just lovely! But with just three tills the queues were massive, and there were loads of products I wanted not in stock. Did you check that you had received everything in your order? I purchased for myself and someone else today and both orders had items missing I had to go back and ask for them, but the American man in the cream suit was more than helpful. Who was he? I just felt there could have been a better system, perhaps just ship all the orders and use the staff at the show to take orders an shorten queue time. I'd say there were a lot of mistakes as they were under pressure x

I found the same & just found out at the counter so wanted to order & move on quickly as I had seen people wait until they got to the top to decide colours & change their minds & I must say , the staff had so much patience for this, they all seemed calm enough when I was there even though it was busy & Im sure stressful. Only ordered a few vinylux in the end & so didn't have to check my order!

What a great day we had!

I purchased for myself and someone else today and both orders had items missing I had to go back and ask for them, but the American man in the cream suit was more than helpful. Who was he?

He was Samuel Sweet, the Grand Master Geek himself :) Glad it got sorted for you.

Roll on day two! Samantha just told me that S2 had a fantastic day meeting so many lovely professionals who were so thrilled to see them there :D. She said there was a queue all day but the wait was only up to an hour at worst ... I'm sure it won't be like that today being the 2nd day. I'm so very happy to hear all the news. :D

Ok so i went on sunday que'd for an hour and got my stuff fought the crowds and left. Then seem on SG that peoples orders were wrong si checked my bag and half the stuff i bought was missing. Annoyed i headed back to the rds on the monday and explained to a few ladies what had happened.... they sorted it out AND reembursted me my parking fee.... i thought that was pretty decent very happy. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I went on the 6th & stupidly spent a furtune!! :( I ended up spending all my cash, and going to the ATM twice!

*tip* for the next one in March 2014 (irish Beauty Show) - Look around first, THEN start spending, that was my mistake! :(

I was interested in getting Gelish, and was at one end of the Creative Academy counter, and stupidly wasted all 120euro, on 7 products (including the foundation , top coat, ETC), and then came away, and look at there catolog, and seen the shellac was a lot cheaper....
Kicking myself!!!
I don't think I will be getting anymore.. I was testing it out last night, and I found they were very strong in smell, which put me off :(

Creative Academy aren't the distributors for Shellac, only Sweet Squared are so maybe that's why the Shellac was cheap

Anybody going to /been to the Irish Beauty Show in Match?

I am, I signed up for the tickets in November, but still haven't got them yet :-/

Sent from my C1905 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm considering going in March, I prob will tbh I normally go in march :)

I also signed up for the free tickets can't wait to go:) tickets however are not sent out until closer to the date. If you email them they can tell you when they will be sending them.

Sent from my C2105 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was really disappointed with the show in October so I wasn't going to bother going this time, do you guys that have been before know will it just be basically the same as the October one?

I went on the Monday and thought it was so crammed and really hard to get seeing anything or speaking to anyone! It was my first show and I was so surprised at the amount of stands selling cheap handbags, scarves and just random rubbish!

Amanda xx

I went to last march one and found I could get around to everything I got lost on the way though coming from co.clare so didn't get there until around 1

Not long to wait now :)

Sent from my C2105 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can't wait I love going to the Shows even if I have not much to get love the atmosphere. I will be there first thing Sunday morning. Want to look at a few things this year as i am getting my Home Salon up and running and want to add extra treatments :)

I have given a shopping list to one of the girls who work for me because I'm working on the S2 stand and if its anything like the last show, I won't get a chance myself....

There was a relentless ocean of people to be served ...it was mental.

Looking forward to the weekend , should be a blast.

Don't forget to say hello to us .:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back