Dull gel polish, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that information bob, I will contact the insurance company again to get that in writing!

A jar of CND Brisa gel is almost three times that of IDB gel. That price difference should already be a red flag.

I don't feel sorry people who buy low quality products though. They knew what they were doing, lol. Most salon owners I work with would buy the cheapest and charge high for a gel manicure. That hurts anyone who uses a superior product like CND, because they would have to charge same, too, or clients would just run to the cheapest place.

Your profit can double that of CND because its less expensive, and each IBD bottle will give you more services since it is larger. It is no wonder why it is the route most salon owners go down. Even when using IBD, you still get the same effects as using CND, that is, the color shows up on the nail, and its shiny. But only a person of integrity, which was instilled in me by my parents, would do what is best for his peeps, lol. :p

What! Are you qualified to make such a sweeping statement? Have you personally tested all the different brands using a rigorous procedure?

Lets save that for another thread.

Last edited:
Can everyone remember please that we don not permit Trade prices being given on the site. Clients can read this and some things should remain private.

I have been through and edited the relevant posts.

Sorry Pure I didn't realise

A jar of CND Brisa gel is almost three times that of IDB gel. That price difference should already be a red flag.

I don't feel sorry people who buy low quality products though. They knew what they were doing, lol. Most salon owners I work with would buy the cheapest and charge high for a gel manicure. That hurts anyone who uses a superior product like CND, because they would have to charge same, too, or clients would just run to the cheapest place.

Your profit can double that of CND because its less expensive, and each IBD bottle will give you more services since it is larger. It is no wonder why it is the route most salon owners go down. Even when using IBD, you still get the same effects as using CND, that is, the color shows up on the nail, and its shiny. But only a person of integrity, which was instilled in me by my parents, would do what is best for his peeps, lol. :p

Lets save that for another thread.
I would not normally shoot down any post on here but I think that is the most stupid, not to mention offensive statement that I have read on here!!!!! . Yes price MAY be a slight indicator of quality but the sweeping statement that you make is not backed up by any facts . Those 3 brands you mention are NOT the only decent or reputable brands on the market . Clearly you do not keep yourself up to date with the market or you would not say such a silly thing :-(

I would not normally shoot down any post on here but I think that is the most stupid, not to mention offensive statement that I have read on here!!!!! . Yes price MAY be a slight indicator of quality but the sweeping statement that you make is not backed up by any facts . Those 3 brands you mention are NOT the only decent or reputable brands on the market . Clearly you do not keep yourself up to date with the market or you would not say such a silly thing :-(

Lol. Ur mad because you've bought low quality products, and someone has called you out for it. I mean, it's literally common sense. No company is going to cut their profits by x3 and still give you a high quality product. Now please don't reply to me until you've developed some common sense.

Lol. Ur mad because you've bought low quality products, and someone has called you out for it. I mean, it's literally common sense. No company is going to cut their profits by x3 and still give you a high quality product. Now please don't reply to me until you've developed some common sense.
You could not be further from the truth you silly boy !!!!! . I have been in this business for over 25 years and SELL a top quality gel product that is not one of the brands you mention !!!!! . Honestly get yourself educated then speak from a position of knowledge and experience :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
You could not be further from the truth you silly boy !!!!! . I have been in this business for over 25 years and SELL a top quality gel product that is not one of the brands you mention !!!!! . Honestly get yourself educated then speak from a position of knowledge and experience :mad::mad::mad:

I bet you wont reveal the name of that brand that you sell, because you already know youre in for a world of hurt.

I bet you wont reveal the name of that brand that you sell, because you already know youre in for a world of hurt.

Enough now. I have reported this thread, I think its time it was closed, there is nothing new to be said about the original question.

Tuan, I believe you have some excellent information and support to offer the users here but there are boundaries that need to be observed. I get the feeling English may not be your first language so perhaps there is a different tone being read into your replies, but blatantly trying to bait another member is unacceptable.

Debating differences in products and brands is not a problem, however making personal insults is not acceptable. We are all qualified, experienced adults and we have a right to make our own choices and to have those choices respected.

Any further insulting comments will be removed and the thread closed.

Wow...i am new to this forum and so far i have virtually forgotten what the question was thanks to all the arguing and bickering...Shocking from a place where people are supposed to be helping each other! This is exactly the reason why I will rarely if ever post a question. I hoped this forum would be different but it seems from horse forums to nail forums to rabbit showing forums...all forums seem to be the same...People getting angry behind a keyboard saying things in a way they wouldn't in most cases dream of doing were a person face to face with them. Shame really as it defeats the object of the whole point of a forum...people should be able to feel comfortable to ask questions and answers should be given politely. Its basic common courtesy and respect. If you can't reply in a way in which you would expect others to reply to you then don't reply at all...if someone doesn't quite get your point, walk away...your life doesn't depend on them total getting you or going by every word you say. People have a right to hear take on and practice by whichever information they choose from that which they receive. Let get back to the question please guys! This could really help others who are having a similar problem. Answers from various points of view are helpful but not if people get attacked for having that different suggestion!

Enough now. I have reported this thread, I think its time it was closed, there is nothing new to be said about the original question.

Tuan, I believe you have some excellent information and support to offer the users here but there are boundaries that need to be observed. I get the feeling English may not be your first language so perhaps there is a different tone being read into your replies, but blatantly trying to bait another member is unacceptable.
Couldn't have put it better myself Trinity...i am new to this forum and do not know how to report it otherwise i would have done the same. Its supposed to be a place to come for help, not listening to bickering.

Latest posts

Back