Dumb question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_Biscuit

Reaction score
Hey all,

I bought some diamante's the other day with a view to use them by sticking them on to nails and enhancments, but when I bought them it was mentioned that I could set them in to the l&p.

How would I do this? Would I apply l&p as usual and then place one in the l&p before it sets? Then again, that would pose problems with buffing the enhancement surface and scratching the diamante.

Yet if I covered the diamante in l&p would it not ruin the effect of it by "clouding" the diamante??

How would YOU do this?

Sorry, I know this sounds dumb, but I have a client who wants this at the weekend.

Thanks geeklins! :)

Miss B. x

once the nail bed is sanitzed, attach with a small amount of resin, then acrylic over it.

I havent set into l&p before, only gel. You could put a top coat of gel on over the l&p and set them into that? I find that they stay on really well with just a topcoat anyway so have no need to make them permanent, but the only way would be to use clear l&p really but im not sure if they would sparkle as well?

I currently have stones set in my nails; and they dont sparkle as much as they would do if they were applied after.

I place rhinestones on to the nails and then go over with gel gloss. Once it's cured they're pretty hard to shift.

Latest posts

Back