Dust Extraction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Envi

Reaction score
I have a home based salon and need to invest in some form of dust extraction, I have looked at both the fuminator or buying a new table with a built in extractor. Can anyone advise which is best as I don't want to go and spend all that money on a table to find it doesn't work too well.
thanks
Carol

Hi,
I've the table with the built in extractor and I find it works well for me,Sallys are doing a good range at the mo in style and in price,
Hth,

Hi have yu heard of the partigone and the chem stop? They are from luraco.com HTH

Hi i have a home salon and use a table top extractor that is also an arm rest its from salon serve and costs around £50/£60 it is very good plus my table was from ikea £23 and i got a glass top to go over to protect it... hth:hug:

Do you have a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter? Some of these are very quiet and will remove the dust. Just tape the nozzle on the desk and work 10-20 cm from it.

If you want to get rid of all the dust you really need a filter system that cleans the air.
A HEPA filter removes the smallest particles of dust and it kills bacterials and fungus.
If you want to get rid of the fumes as well you need a special carbon filter, that is developed for the nail business.
The normal filters can explode when the filters only have charcoal in it.

What is most important when you are looking for an extraction system, is the flow rate (min 120m3pu/max 200mp3u) and the filters that are been used in the system.

Sometimes it seems that all the particles of dust are been extracted, but the smallest particles you're not able to see them, only with a microscope.

If you want to get rid of all the dust you really need a filter system that cleans the air.
A HEPA filter removes the smallest particles of dust and it kills bacterials and fungus.
If you want to get rid of the fumes as well you need a special carbon filter, that is developed for the nail business.
The normal filters can explode when the filters only have charcoal in it.

What is most important when you are looking for an extraction system, is the flow rate (min 120m3pu/max 200mp3u) and the filters that are been used in the system.

Sometimes it seems that all the particles of dust are been extracted, but the smallest particles you're not able to see them, only with a microscope.

Why do even the supposed experts use the wrong terms?? We don't create salons or rooms full of fumes. The products we use create vapour not fumes (fumes are vapour carried in smoke) and as usual, the word fumes paints the picture that what we do is hazardous.

We produce vapour .. minimal amounts of it if people have been taught to work correctly with their products.

More potentially hazardous to health than the minimal amounts of vapour produced are the dust particulates in the breathing zone around us. This is why extraction ventilation at the source of production is always best; in or near the work area of the desk. We breathe in microscopic amounts of particulates with every breath we take every day in our ordinary environment so extracting the dust particulates at the source is what we need to do if we follow manufacturer's guidelines .. we do not need to create a hospital environment in the nail salon.

Why and how do filters 'explode'? I've never heard of such a thing so am interested.

BTW fumes are smoke with particles in it; vapours are what nail technicians need to deal with i.e. vapours of specific chemicals in the air from the volatile products.

Latest posts

Back