Dying Red hair Blonde Home Dyes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarnygirl1

Reaction score
Hi

I would really like your advice, my hair is red (strawberry blonde, as i get told) but still red and for years and years ive been going to a salon and having it done under the assumption that i just cant go into a shop and buy a home dye.

I really hate seeing the roots and now im 37 would really like to buy dyes

A friend of my mums whos a part time hairdresser said that to dye most colours using go to red before they dye a colour, or something like that.

What colours could i use to dye my hair blonde, not a bleached blonde but a nice light blonde?

I dont have grey hairs at all yet but really would love to do it myself and maybe be abit more adventurous later.

Any advice and help would be great.

Many thanks

Don't do this yourself please. Apart from the fact home dyes are not as good quality for you, you don't know how to combat the red in your hair etc. If you try this I can guarantee you will end up with yellowy roots and the rest of your hair will stay red. Go to a salon and you will be really pleased with the results, I'm sure.

Sorry after re reading, are you already getting it done in the salon blonde? Regardless of this, please don't take the risk of doing it yourself. X

Sorry, we don't give DIY advice here. This a professional forum.

Latest posts

Back