Dying synthetic hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrissie-

Reaction score
Hiya,

I have some blonde clip in extensions, which I was planning on dying pink so i could clip in a few strips of pink in my hair, but the hair extensions are half human hair and half synthetic. I have a pink semi permanent dye, do you think this would work, bit worried about the half synthetic part.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Chrissie

Hiya,

I have some blonde clip in extensions, which I was planning on dying pink so i could clip in a few strips of pink in my hair, but the hair extensions are half human hair and half synthetic. I have a pink semi permanent dye, do you think this would work, bit worried about the half synthetic part.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Chrissie

Hi Chrissie ,you will find that the real hair may take whilst the synthetic part won't take at all ,
but you could do a test peice first
as some of the real hair may not take very well either due to factory chemicals and processing

and with test peices you will be able to see the result before you try
:)hth

Hiya,

I havent bought the clip in extensions yet as was a bit wary about the half human hair and half synthetic. The girl I am buying them off said you can straighten them up to 200 degrees so I am thinking they cant be too synthetic, otherwise this would not be possible?

Luckily the blonde is the same colour code as the ones I have in, so I am going to try a test section like you suggest and if it doesnt take hopefully I can just use them as blonde clip ins when my real extensions are taken out. :)

Hopefully it wont be a complete disaster ! Thanks for your response I shall let you know what happens ! x

Last edited:
i would definately be careful though as i had synthetic hair extensions and some of it took some didnt in the end it was just easier and cheaper to go for some real extensions

x AMY x

Latest posts

Back