E-commerce

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weezie

Reaction score
https://skillsology.com/course/details/Beauty-Scho
Can anyone recommend a good ecommerce package. I want one which enables me to display good quality product images and detailed information. Thanks in advance! X:)

It does depend on how much website knowledge you have yourself.

I have always done my own - I use Roman Cart and take Google Checkout payments but have created the sites myself.

It also depends on how much you want to pay.

I know lots of people seem to use Mr Site.

www.healthhosts.com do a variety of website packages

Pardon the pun but your site looks very professional and beautiful Sarah. :lol:

I know you mentioned that the site you had previously didnt do so well in the google ranking etc. How have you found this one?

I have had a look at the healthhosts site and struggled to work out the different between the standard and premiere packages - do you mind me asking which package your site is on? How much retail sales do you get form this site and how many appointments do you get from people viewing your website?

How much in the way of amendments did you need to make to the website from the initial sample that was set up for you?

Thanks Sarah.

We used to use ekm good starter packages at a good price but we have now swapped to Pace commerce as they offer a whole lot more

adell

Pardon the pun but your site looks very professional and beautiful Sarah. :lol:

I know you mentioned that the site you had previously didnt do so well in the google ranking etc. How have you found this one?

I have had a look at the healthhosts site and struggled to work out the different between the standard and premiere packages - do you mind me asking which package your site is on? The standard site is the one I will be going with. The premiere package gives you more options with your menu bars & is probably better if you want a more versatile shopping cart. How much retail sales do you get form this site and how many appointments do you get from people viewing your website? With my previous healthhosts site I sold quite a lot of vouchers but since July with this site I've only sold a few. I didn't sell products through the last site but have sold some Nail Magics recently.

How much in the way of amendments did you need to make to the website from the initial sample that was set up for you? This particular site was done like this for me. I've had to do very little to it. With the healthhosts one you can see from their portfolio what the sites will look like eg headers, menu bars etc. It's a self content management but is really, really easy to use. When you start with them you give them an idea of what look are hoping for, the sites you like & 2-3 weeks later they give you a link to view the site. Only when you are happy will it go live. The same goes for my current site provider.

With the current site there is also a newsletter facility that is all done for you, even down to the copy. If you're lazy, it's great.

Thanks Sarah.

Glad you like the website, but this is the one I won't be having for much longer.

I used to be with Healthhosts, got a bit bored with the look & feel of the site so thought I would try this company. It's not performing as well as I would like & expect so will be returning to Healthhosts in the next week or so. My visitors have gone down from approx 1000 per month to about 250 per month.

Healthhosts have also added more features to their portfolio since I was last with them so thought they deserve another try.

Will have to keep you posted when it's 'live'

Thanks for all the advise guys, my fiance designed my website and is going to update it as it was just a rushed job when he does it he will add an e-commerce section while he's working on it. The package he was looking at is £1000 and I was sure there was another option that is a bit more reasonable but just as good. He can cope with any package but it's just a question of advice on which are the best as he doesn't know much about what is on offer, he is a creative designer so has loads of ideas on the design of the update, but hasn't got any experience with this part of it yet!

I will research the leads you have all given me so far. :hug:

Latest posts

Back