E-file on someone with arthritis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyej

Reaction score
I appreciate this is quite last minute!

I have a new client booked in tomorrow afternoon and when she booked her infill appointment she explained her physio has told her she can have an e-file used on her nails but didn't explain why?

I have never come across and have used an efile over acrylics for years, has anyone come across this before??

TIA

Huh? Doesn’t make much sense. I have Arthritis in my hands and thus have an efile to make life easier with certain things, use it on my own nails all the time. Can’t understand why there would be an issue.
Is there perhaps something more to it than just Arthritis?

Perhaps she has had a bad experience with someone who didn't know how to properly use an e-file and so she's frightened of you using them, and made up an excuse about her doctor? Before I trained and before I knew anything about nails, I would sporadically get my nails done and had some serious pain from one salon where she went at my natural nail quite aggessively. Subsequently, when I visited another salon, I pleaded with them not to use an e-file :p But honestly, now i know damage can be done with hand file too, as long as a tool is in the wrong hands. It could be that your client is just frightened, in which case it could be worth showing her your e-file training diploma, and perhaps giving her a quick run -through of the various bits you'll be using on her, when she's sat in front of you? Maybe it can reassure her. Good luck :)

Thanks for replying. I've had her in this after and she explained it's the vibrations from the e-file that causes her severe discomfort.
I tried to explain that when they are incorrectly used it may hurt/burn but non of my clients ever experience that. She was quite stubborn so I let it go and just used a hand file instead!

Latest posts

Back