E-File on the natural nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evaperk

Reaction score
Following on from another thread is it actually illegal to use an e-file on the natural nail? I don't use one but have had one used during a treatment and Greg from young nails uses one all the time in his tutorials?

Confused :confused:

Yes he does, he uses an armour band on very low setting to prep the nail.

Following on from another thread is it actually illegal to use an e-file on the natural nail? I don't use one but have had one used during a treatment and Greg from young nails uses one all the time in his tutorials?

Confused :confused:

On the grounds that the entire nail industry in the UK is unregulated I'd love to know which law covers the use of e-files!!!

Using them on the natural nail may be unwise/unadvised/downright stupid (delete as applicable :biggrin:) but I do not believe for 1 minute that it's illegal......

Hth's

On the grounds that the entire nail industry in the UK is unregulated I'd love to know which law covers the use of e-files!!
Those were my exact thoughts x

I saw that thread and thought the same. It is not illegal. In fact not much is in the Beauty Industry x

Don't think it's illegal. But for insurance purposes I think if you used it on the natural nail and a client wanted to put a claim in has you have damaged her nail badly, you would not be insured!!! Cause when you get trained with city and guilds you are trained not to touch the natural nail. And if you go against your training insurance nil and void. May be wrong, but that's my view.

nope, not illegal, just frowned upon. otherwise there would be considerably less nail salons in the uk.........

Locally in many NSSs, efiles are used to prep the nail prior to an acrylic service. They use the efile not only to handle regrowth but also to remove cuticle from the nail plate...no proper manicure prior to a fill.

Good for the natural nail? No. Nor is it illegal.

Latest posts

Back