Ear candling on 13 year old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeautyRoomClinic

Reaction score
Hi guys just need a bit of info i have been doing ear candling since 2007 and this is the first time i have had this request,
one of my clients asked if i could do some ear candles on her 13 year old daughter as her ears are quite blocked the doctor wont syringe anymore and just told her to put olive oil in her ears instead (i have had to do this when i was young and know how horrible it is) i told her i would check with my insurance and let her know. I have just phoned my insurance and they said it was fine and do it at my own discretion and follow my training guidelines.

so i was just wondering if anyone else has done this therapy on someone so young?

My son who is 14 has suffered from blocked ears for a while, so i did the candling on him recently and it was fine, but my son is "adult" size if he was physically small (and so with very small ears) i wouldnt have done it. I would say that if your insurance company are happy then it is at your descretion, i have a policy for under 16s with any treatment that a parent or other adult has to be present in the room and found this works well.Hope that helps x

You should never recommend to put any thing inside the ears, I suffered with glue ear as a child & the doctor always said do not use ear drops as they make it worse. I also do NVQ thermo Aurricular therapy and it's great for children, just make sure the parent is present & signed treatment card, just be sure to let the parent know the child may need a course of treatment x

that's great thank you both just had a confirmation email from insurance recapping what was said during the phone call they also said that if i do go ahead with treatment to keep the parental signed consultation card on file until that client is 18 years of age as if something went wrong they have up to 18 to claim thanks again guys x

Latest posts

Back