Ear piercing advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucybluebell

Reaction score
I really hope someone can give me some advice!
My 9 year old daughter had her ears pierced last July. They seemed to be healing ok, then when they were healed and it was time to change her earrings we chose a pair of silver ones from Claire's and after a while her ears went nasty. I guessed it was the fact she couldn't wear silver so I bought her some gold studs, I keep cleaning them in sea salt water but they still aren't healing properly. The front holes look perfect but the back holes always seem to always have puss..and the backs look sore and a bit bulbous. Its been nearly a year now and I don't know what else to do!
Any advice for me please or should I just take her earrings out and let them heal up..if I was to do that how long would she have to wait before she could try to have them pieced again?
Thanks for reading.

I use to have that problem. I have 2 holes in each lobe and it was only one set that use to give me problems! I found that wearing gold earnings seemed to ok as long as the butterfly thing that goes on the back was gold as well. In the end I just gave up wearing them in the end. X :)

are they sterling silver?

Yes we tried sterling silver but they were the ones that made her ears funny originally. She's only had gold ones in for months now but the back of her ears aren't healing- I checked with the jeweller that the backs were gold so it's not that....

I wa going to ask if they were solid too as often people are allergic to the nickle in earrings.

Shame for your DD if she can't wear them though :(

They are gold plated. I imagine solid gold would be very expensive!
She's really upset... Im hoping that if we let the holes heal up then maybe get them done again they might be better?! It's the only thing I can think of!

Latest posts

Back