Ear Piercing and children ...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e_lucy

Reaction score
My aunt has asked me to pierce her 6 year old daugher and 3 year old sons ears (just the one on the lad !!) But I dont think I feel comfortable about it, ive never pierced anyone under the age of 16 and certainly not small children. I wasnt allowed my ears pierced until I was 15 ... and my mum had to come ! How does everyone feel about this - just generally ... I know in some cultures ear piercing is normal in very young children, but i just dont think I could bring myself to do it - i feel the kids should be old enough to look after them themselves ...

Hope I havent opened a can of worms (I have a habit of doing that on here :rolleyes: )

Louchia x

Durgh trust me, thanks hunnie i will take a look x

Fill your profile in, so we know a bit more about you, like what product you use etc!

I had my ears pierced when I was one and then 2 more times when I was about 16- personally I think it looks ok in younger children but only really small studs

my auntie hates it she wont let my cousin get it done

I had my daughters ears pierced about 4 weeks ago. she will be one next week. I had them done in claires accesories. they wont pierce a child under 4 months old. They were really good 2 girls did it at the same time so she only had to go through the shock once. personally I dont think there is anything wrong with it if the parents are happy.

I personally wouldnt put a baby through that shock, the poor little thing! Sorry Louise, I really dont mean to offend you here, I just really cant believe ppl think earings on babies look nice, I think it looks tacky. I certainly wouldnt go to Claires Accesories either, the girls in my local one offer ear piercing, they dont look a day over 16 themselves.

I was 7 when I begged my mum to let me have mine done, so she took me and I hated it and after one was in, I didnt want the other done.

I think as long as the child is old enough to tell you how they feel, and they seem ok, kids dont really express fear like us remember, then I would do it.
Im really REALLY sorry if Ive offended anyone with this, please dont take it personally!!! :)

x

I had my daughter's pierced when she as 4 weeks old, and I pierced my niece's when she was 6 weeks old. I often do babies. In India, they pierce babies at 4 hours old. Most of the babies I have done hardly even flinch... it's usually the sound that scares them. They heal great because they don't know how to play with them... which is a bonus.

I regularly pierce childrens ears, rarely have any problems with the small ones apart from a bit of crying and a massive guilty conscience on my part. But - people want this service so that's why I offer it.

Latest posts

Back