Ear Piercing ~ Do you offer this service?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Freckles~

Reaction score
hi everyone,

do many of you offer ear piercing as a service?
i have thought about it for a long time but am still in two minds as to how popular/beneficial it would be

thanks in advance!

Yes I offer it. It's usually very busy with young kids at the start of the summer holidays and is on and off the rest of the time. The training and kit didn't cost much so once you've done a few clients you've made your money back.

I do my training this Friday. upon speaking to other therapists the general trend is exactly as Judy says above.

I also took the view that it was very inexpensive to buy the kit and train so why not

Where would you rather have your ears pierced - in the shop window of a popular accessory shop or by a beauty therapist in a salon or in your own home? Think its a great service to offer by us beauty lot!

Hi Geeks,

i know some body piercers and they ALL have told me that using a gun is the WORST way to pierce anything! The reason being is that the back of the post is flat, so unlike a needle which pokes through the skin clean, a gun piercing basically tears through the skin, imagine! instead of a nice clean hole, guns leave tiny little tears in the skin. Another reason is that those guns CAN NOT be put in an autoclave (sp?) so can not be PROPERLY disinfected.

HTH :hug:

The guns have all disposable earing cartridges that NEVER touch the skin.(they never need to be sterilised because there is no skin contact)

All earpiercing guns are used for ONLY piercing the lobe. It was never recc that you use the gun to pierce any cartilidge areas whatsoever.

thanks for all your input, think i'll look into it a little more probably at the show in feb where i can chat to the company reps

Hi, I did an Estelle day course at collage, it cost £30 including the kit. I charge £10 a pair, so easily made the money back. I find its really popular, especially in the summer holidays. Its also really fun to do.

Ive heard from a tattooist/body piercer something similar, 'that its more painful with a gun, because the needle goes clean, straight through, but the gun slams together and causes bruising' I have my ears pierced 4 times each and Ive had them done with guns and needles, I think the gun does hurt more, but then it doesnt bleed. When I had them done with a needle although it was less painful, it bled BAD!

As has already been said above the gun doesnt touch the skin and so doesnt need to be steralised.

I only do ear peircing in my salon and it is very popular with babies and teenages. there has been a lot of request for body peircing, but i wouldn't be able to bring myself to doing it. would introduce ear peircing-definately. i use sterex and they are easy to use and pain free x good luck

I was talking to my friend about this as we are planning on doing a course in the new year. She mentioned that it may not be as simple as we first thought as you have to be registered with the local health authorities in order to do this? Whats the rules on this? x

I was talking to my friend about this as we are planning on doing a course in the new year. She mentioned that it may not be as simple as we first thought as you have to be registered with the local health authorities in order to do this? Whats the rules on this? x

Yes hun you need to register with your local council & they will tell you what you have to pay. Here I paid around £100 but some places its alot cheeper.
Check with your local council or try their website hun, best to get the right info off them!! :green:

Heres a link to the legislation for my local council, the legislation will be the same, but I'm sure the price differs: Fenland District Council: Licence - Tattooists, Ear-Piercing and Electrolysis

HTH's

does having a licence apply to those who are mobile also?

If you are mobile you cant register your premises as this is NOT the area the treatments are carried out and because you are carrying the treatments out in the clients home - it is impossible to register every clients house.

I only do ear peircing in my salon and it is very popular with babies and teenages. there has been a lot of request for body peircing, but i wouldn't be able to bring myself to doing it. would introduce ear peircing-definately. i use sterex and they are easy to use and pain free x good luck

Hey was just wondering how do you train/ qualify to do body percing. I have been asked to do it & woudn't mind looking into it but not sure where to start really. Have seen a studio on the net in Manchester that does courses. But a lot suggest getting an apprenticeship, which at the moment isn't what I'm looking for!!:rolleyes: A friend/ my tattoist wants to open a salon with a beauty room upstairs & as I already do ears he wondered if I would do body percings & as I'm not to squeemish I said I would look into it so that if we joined togther in the salon/shop. I could offer it!! :)

All earpiercing guns are used for ONLY piercing the lobe. It was never recc that you use the gun to pierce any cartilidge areas whatsoever.

Bit of useless trivia for everyone. When I had my nose pierced (many many years ago), they used an ear piercing gun to do it:eek:

We're a bit behind the times here, but they don't do that anymore, it's all done with a needle now.

Sorry to hijack the thread, just felt like sharing that

Many moons ago I also had my nose pierced by an EAR gun, it hurt like hell, but there ya go!

I had my nose pierced with a gun!! Have to say I personally preferred it, wouldn't have wanted it done with a needle!! Didn't really hurt at all!! :)

ModBlog - Gun Piercing - Body modification and ritual blog sponsored by BMEzine.com

Do Piercing Guns Suck? BME REVIEWS THE STUDEX SYSTEM 75 [The Publisher’s Ring]

I've been pierced both ways. I have to say, being pierced with a needle was 100% less eventful than a gun (I had a nasty infection with a gun pierced piercing. Like IV antibiotics bad.)

Plus, I as a client felt safer seeing things come out of an autoclave (of course after the appropriate autoclave papers have been checked out)
--Cashew

After you have trained to do Ear Piercing you will need a licence to carry this out in your premises.
The conditions as to having the licence are as follows .

You must have a Hand Wash basin in the same room as the piercing will be done ,all walls floors and furniture must be washable .
This may differ slightly in other counties .
Your Ear Piercing certificate does not entitle you to pierce other areas .
In other words you are not qualified to pierce the body or upper ear.
So you will not be insured (remember we are in a compensation culture now)
Also would you want your Ear pierced with something thats been up someones nose ?

Ruby

hello,

I only trained in ear piercing about 2 weeks ago at the Carlton Institute of Beauty Therapy. The course and kit wasnt expensive at all, although i havnt pierced anyones ears yet ive herd its quite a good money maker. My friend got her ears pierced at Claires Accessories and it cost £30!!!! I thought that was really pricey so if you were to charge that amount you would get you money back after only a few clients. Hope this helpd good luck:)

Annabel

Latest posts

Back