Ear Piercing Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennedia

Reaction score
I'd like to know anyone's thoughts on their ear piercing training please. i.e. how long was your training?, cost? kit included? who did you train with etc. etc.

Also: Caflon v Studex?

Many thanks, any information and feedback will be really useful.

Joy x

I'd like to know anyone's thoughts on their ear piercing training please. i.e. how long was your training?, cost? kit included? who did you train with etc. etc.

Also: Caflon v Studex?

Many thanks, any information and feedback will be really useful.

Joy x
I did my training with Sterex,it was a half days worth,cost a tenner I think,no kit included but I had already bought mine from Olympia at a really good price(absolute bargain prices for kit and several pks of studs at the professional shows,dont waste your money buying from shop if you can help as will be more than double the price).The training was ok,at Capital.I thought the training was sufficient for something as basic as ear piercing.HTH

Hi I did my training with studex and as mentioned before I found the training to be basic but sufficient. I certainly would know how to confidently pierce someones ears. I paid ten pounds for my training and no kit was included. However they gave me an order form to order a full kit from them for around 30 quid. Hth x
Posted via Mobile Device

I did a half days course at capital with caflon. I wanted to go with caflon because if they change their gun at any time then you give your old one back and they give you a new one f.o.c, which would be handy if none of the new studs fitted the old gun.
Half a day was more than enough xxx

It's also worth mentioning that you need to get a licence from your local council, which costs around £100+

It's also worth mentioning that you need to get a licence from your local council, which costs around £100+

Does it depend on where you live then? They told me I would need this if I was salon based? xxx

Yes you're right, every council seems to have different policies and charges :)

Hi, Thanks everyone for all your input. I possibly should have mentioned - I am trained with Studex, and was looking for opinions on whether you thought there was much difference between the two.

You do need a licence from your council, and it is completely ridiculous because these can vary in cost from around £20 to over £200. Some councils also have different policies on mobile/salon based.

Many thanks again everyone

Joy xx

I did my training with Sterex,it was a half days worth,cost a tenner I think,no kit included but I had already bought mine from Olympia at a really good price(absolute bargain prices for kit and several pks of studs at the professional shows,dont waste your money buying from shop if you can help as will be more than double the price).The training was ok,at Capital.I thought the training was sufficient for something as basic as ear piercing.HTH

Hi is Olympia a online company? i've been trying to find it to look at products but can't seem to find it anywhere, has it changed name or anything?
If anyone can help please do :confused:

Hi is Olympia a online company? i've been trying to find it to look at products but can't seem to find it anywhere, has it changed name or anything?
If anyone can help please do :confused:

Olympia is a trade show in London :)

Does it depend on where you live then? They told me I would need this if I was salon based? xxx

i trained with Caflon, I was told that as a mobile therapist I don't need a license as I obviously move around but if you are based in the same place all the time then yes you need a license but costs can vary depending on council.

i trained with Caflon, I was told that as a mobile therapist I don't need a license as I obviously move around but if you are based in the same place all the time then yes you need a license but costs can vary depending on council.

I'm trained in Caflon , also a mobile therapist and i was told even thou I'm mobile I still need a license , which has to be registered at one place to do the ear piercing x

Obviously we have trained with same companies but different trainers , I think it's maybe because I work across different counties, , who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Obviously we have trained with same companies but different trainers , I think it's maybe because I work across different counties, , who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

It was a health n saftey officer i spoke to regarding licenses

I think the only people who can advise on licences are the council x My council say I cant do it mobile and once im in a salon its £100.00 you also need to stick to very strict rules and at anyone their health and safety person can come in and check you have everything correct xx
It does seem really messy for me but I think that is why there is only 1 place I know Claires in town that does it hence why I am thinking it will be worth the hassle xx

I would definately speak with your council tho as the trainers may not know the legal point of view for your town and would hate anyone to get in trouble ps also I think you need a premium on your insurance dont you just as something else to check I may be mistaken but Im sure I saw it on guide when I was looking at my insurance and it was £35.00 per year I could be completely wrong on that as I have been checking loads with then recently xx

I think the only people who can advise on licences are the council x My council say I cant do it mobile and once im in a salon its £100.00 you also need to stick to very strict rules and at anyone their health and safety person can come in and check you have everything correct xx
It does seem really messy for me but I think that is why there is only 1 place I know Claires in town that does it hence why I am thinking it will be worth the hassle xx

I would definately speak with your council tho as the trainers may not know the legal point of view for your town and would hate anyone to get in trouble ps also I think you need a premium on your insurance dont you just as something else to check I may be mistaken but Im sure I saw it on guide when I was looking at my insurance and it was £35.00 per year I could be completely wrong on that as I have been checking loads with then recently xx

Person who i spoke to was from the council the eviromental health department :/ . My council say i cant not do it mobile ,but have to have a base then they will authorise a license , once they have come out to assess were ill be doing the ear piercing etc.. and my license will cost £135. x

Your council sound similar to mine with the assessments and stuff xx good luck xx

Latest posts

Back