Easy French....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not a bad video. As the girl said in the beginning, this is great to do on your nails at home or if a friend wants them done. She doesn't try to come across as a professional.

That being said, I agree with the over use of acetone. BUT, I, too, will do my smile lines with regular polish as perfect as I can, but I clean up with a smaller art brush dipped in remover. However, if the polish is difficult to remove, I will use acetone.

I don't particularly like how she slapped the white on all the tips without even attempting a smile line. I would probably do that to my right hand, as it's more difficult to perfect. :)

Thanks for sharing this video, OP! They've asked that we all post thought provoking threads regularly. And you've definitely done that! :hug:

I was taught this technique (same method as the Original Poster posted) by my CND educator and I thought it is great! Instead of using Acetone we use small amount of CND Nail Fresh with a Brisa brush though:). I bought some cheap tips last week, I am aiming to perfect my free hand French though.

Last edited:
Until you perfect your french application, this method isn't completely bad with some modification for us as nail professionals.

Modifications:
  1. Base coat, of course, should have been applied to the tip prior to the white polish having been applied.
  2. As nail professionals, we should make every attempt to apply the white polish as close to a french application as possible...not just slap it on. Not only does it look unprofessional, it's wasteful.
  3. Perhaps consider using Nailfresh rather than pure acetone to perfect french application smile lines for less acetone contact on the nail and for a nice clean, crisp line.

Traditional polishes, of course.
:D

This method is used by Leighton Denny places in top spa's

I wonder if painters and decorators have the same problems?

As long as you get the end result it shouldn't matter wether your getting your smile freehand or with a brush.

Clients can do French at home, they go to pro's because they do a better job, if that means finding your own way of doing tips then so be it x

I think when someone visits a nail professional, they look for a more "professional" application than what we've seen in the video.

Even after all the years I've been doing french application, I don't polish my french on perfectly but it's damn near perfect. I use my brush and Nailfresh to perfect it, not create it.

In this video....this just isn't a professional application to me.

My opinion, for what it's worth.

I think when someone visits a nail professional, they look for a more "professional" application than what we've seen in the video.

Even after all the years I've been doing french application, I don't polish my french on perfectly but it's damn near perfect. I use my brush and Nailfresh to perfect it, not create it.

In this video....this just isn't a professional application to me.

My opinion, for what it's worth.

I've only ever had my nails done professionally twice, once was a French polish at Ragdale Hall, the other was French gel overlay, both times they used this method, not as slap hazard as the vid but along the same lines.

At first I thought WTF? Then at the end I just thought ooh lovely.

I think people overthink these things

Latest posts

Back