Easy French....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linedni

Reaction score
Great trick! Thanks for sharing :)

I'm sorry if this offends, it's not intended that way!!

I just feel using that amount of acetone on a natural nail to achieve a perfect French is not good. The exposure to the natural nail with acetone practically rubbed in can't be good.

Just my opinion!!! And if salons are doing this, where is the skill!!

Don't shoot me!!! I'm rubbish at smile lines but I would not do this and risk clients nails drying out

Sorry!! :)

I agree with waffy. You can just tell there's no skill there.

Thank you for sharing it with us though, everything helps!

I like this because I have always hated that the white looks thicker then the pink or clear and its hard to get even coverage. This seems to help both.

It dont think a teknique has to b difficult to be good.

I dont see how the acetone could be a problem.

I dont see how the acetone could be a problem.

Too much acetone on the nails will cause them to be dry, weak and brittle!!

Its on there fore seconds?!?

I think if someone comes for a french polish they expect professionalism I don't think this method is very professional IMO.

Please tell me why? How do you define "professional"?

I'd also like to add that you couldn't possibly use a base coat with that method. I think its maybe a good idea for a novice doing their own nails occassionaly at home, but would not give a good impression in the salon. I totally agree that there is too much acetone on the skin and nails, this is likely to cause over sensitivity surely.
Diane x

I think if someone comes for a french polish they expect professionalism I don't think this method is very professional IMO.

The use if acetone isn't professional but I don't think this method is far removed from what a lot of people do with brushes and Leighton Denny technique etc.

Just my personal opinion, but I would prefer to see guides being used than this method

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Wow I will deffinatly be carefull in the future when I remove nailpolish, prep nails, wrap nails fore shellac removal not to think about soaking.

The excess acetone as been brushed of on the paper towel. You really mean to say the a brush damp with acetone beeing swiped across the nail a few times will do damage?

The basecoat arguement is a lot more relevant I think. I didnt think too much of it since I was thinking of adopting this teknique for Shellac.

Wow I will deffinatly be carefull in the future when I remove nailpolish, prep nails, wrap nails fore shellac removal not to think about soaking.

The excess acetone as been brushed of on the paper towel. You really mean to say the a brush damp with acetone beeing swiped across the nail a few times will do damage?

The basecoat arguement is a lot more relevant I think. I didnt think too much of it since I was thinking of adopting this teknique for Shellac.

This video has been posted here before and may be a good trick for home DIY nails.

This is not something you could do with Shellac because of the Acetone but you can always swipe a clean smile line using a dry brush and a little alcohol or just a dry brush. Shellac does not dry, so it's easy even with a dry brush if you have to do that to get a good smile line.

Most professionals paint smile lines quite easily and if you resort to 'tricks' like this one, you will never learn your 'ART' of painting smiles. As a pro ..I do not watch youtube videos by 15 year old girls doing their own nails at home to learn professional skills. I prefer to perfect my skill with my paint brush as in the end, that skill is much faster than all that swiping and dabbing etc.

Hello Geek. I woudnt use acetone with the Shellac :)

I have a really bad habit of never beeing satisfied. Theirfore Im always on the look fore new ideers on how to do things. If this comes from a 15 year old I have no problem with that.

I always find the white to be to thick or at best just thich where the side of the brush has been while swiping or not having even coverage. This video gave me an idear fore a different approach and I could appriciate that.

Please find me a video where non of these problemt occur.

(Im really sorry fore the terrible spelling. Hope your all reading me fine)

Hello Geek. I woudnt use acetone with the Shellac :)

I have a really bad habit of never beeing satisfied. Theirfore Im always on the look fore new ideers on how to do things. If this comes from a 15 year old I have no problem with that.

I always find the white to be to thick or at best just thich where the side of the brush has been while swiping or not having even coverage. This video gave me an idear fore a different approach and I could appriciate that.

Please find me a video where non of these problemt occur.

(Im really sorry fore the terrible spelling. Hope your all reading me fine)

I'll do better than that ... I'll find you the video that helps solve any difficulties you may be having and form CND educator of the year, Holly Shippers aka FingernailFixer ! Keep watching, she gets to the French!

Shellac troubleshooting - YouTube

I think this is fine for those who can't achieve their smiles lines at home. However I certainly will not be carrying out this procedure for my smile lines.

Any old nail polish should be removed with Acetone free polish remover, if required I would use scrubfresh to clean the nail. I would always apply a base coat, apply my smile lines as perfect as I could (with lots of practice) and then finish with a sheer pink and top coat.

I want my clients to feel they are getting a service they wouldn't be able to do themselves at home and to be happy with the procedure and outcome, with healthy hydrated nails x

I have to say I thought it was quite good lol my smile lines are crap so avoid french if I can help it lol I wouldnt ever do that on a client though xxx might do it on my own though xx

Yes I think if your happy to do that to your own nails, fab idea!!!
However I agree with previous comment, why would clients pay us if we didn't have skills, we as therapists nail technicians should be offering a quality sevice that clients are unable to do at home on themselves!!! yes I agree smile lines are tricky but like everything else practice makes perfect!!!

Dry brush is a good idea- thanks Geeg!!
Some of my facial clients use make up wipes to cleanse- that's fine- it works for them, can you imagine going in for a facial where the therapist cleansed with a wet wipe!!! Lol

Just my opinion!!!

Latest posts

Back