Eclipse proffessional colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liana kay

Reaction score
ive just used this in an 8/0 and im really impressed for the price , but does anyone else think the instructions for skin test are mad-
-hairdressers should advise information in WARNING!(colour ingredients listed only)
-it is up to the customer whether or not to take the skin test
-should the customer take the test,the hairdresser should refrain from expressing any opinion on its outcome, leaving the decision to proceed to the customer.

Mad indeed! I've never heard of this colour product, who makes or sells it?x

its a budget range made for my local (i say local its a hour round trip) wholesalers , they are a chain . Its new and i just tried it on my mas , i usually use koleston.
To me its saying , "if your client insists ,and they are blatently allergic , shut your mouth and do it anyway" which of course i wouldnt

Hi, Liana , never seen this before either but..... surely its unprofessional advice not to perform a skin test,
as long as there was a skin test performed and there was no visible reaction
then it would seems like good idea to let the client make their own decisions,
but... as hairdressers we usually perform skin tests on a small area ,
which may not always show up as having a reaction , then when the hairdresser goes ahead on the skin test results and the person is allergic

but.... why should the hairdresser feel guilty or get the blame and get sued ? after all he /she did the skin test and applied it according to manufactures instructions,

but..... as the hairdresser didn't actually make the product ,
it seems like professional manufactures are now copying the supermarkets and may have now found themselves a nice legal loophole ,

eg.. after the skin test is performed or not performed by the hairdresser
then ..... just blame the customer for choosing to go ahead anyway :eek:

also if this is going to set a precedence for other manufactures
the problem may have to be addressed and looked at carefully by some insurance company's

as there may be an urgent need for colour users to safeguard themselves against unforeseen allergy's or reactions and hospital treatment loss of work etc... involving the use of colours etc.....
as colour allergy's can sometimes be life threatening

it seems to be a very grey area indeed as to who's responsible for such an allergic reaction ?

also if there was a skin test performed (which we normally do)
and if a reaction came up for us to see , we know that any reputable hairdresser wouldn't do it at all whether or not the customer still wanted it hope that made sense :) minky

id never do it if there was a reaction , because it can kill you , but someone untrained buying it may not realise the importance of a skintest

id never do it if there was a reaction , because it can kill you , but someone untrained buying it may not realise the importance of a skintest

Hi, yes I agree :) and I would never do it if there was a reaction either
and I would always perform a skin test

but it seems that this company is telling us to leave everything up to the client instead of taking the hairdressers professional advice :eek:

Hi,
we have looked at the instructions of this product again to check how it is worded as we are by no means condoning the use of a product if it may have an adverse affect on the client. The most important statement that you seem to have missed clearly states the following "if after this period of time there are any signs of reddening of the skin, swelling or itchiness DO NOT USE THE PRODUCT"
We are not suggesting that you carry out the colour procedure regardless of the skin test result but that you should not profer unsubstantiated opinions on the outcome or of the results or offer reasons why the test may or may not have an adverse reaction. Hairdressers are not qualified to give medical advice and should therefore refrain from doing so.
I hope that this clarifies the matter for you however please do not hestitate to call us if you have any further concerns.
regards
Eclipse professional hair and beauty supplies

ive just used this in an 8/0 and im really impressed for the price , but does anyone else think the instructions for skin test are mad-
-hairdressers should advise information in WARNING!(colour ingredients listed only)
-it is up to the customer whether or not to take the skin test
-should the customer take the test,the hairdresser should refrain from expressing any opinion on its outcome, leaving the decision to proceed to the customer.

Hairdressers are not qualified to give medical advice and should therefore refrain from doing so.
Eclipse professional hair and beauty supplies

Think we kinda already knew this :eek:

thankyou , i think it needs to be made clearer though and re-enforced several times in the instructions as a beginner may read-leave the decision up to the customer-not realising the consequences.
I do love the product!

Latest posts

Back