Eek! Nails in conservatory

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopkica

Reaction score
Hi all

Hoping someone can help me, I did a set of nails yesterday in my mums conservatory, the sun was out and it was so hot in there that my sealer top coat of gelish brush has totally cured in the bottle :-/ it's a brand new bottle also, can I fix this? It's just the brush, it's gone rock solid. I was thinking of just soaking the brush/lid in acetone over night? Has this happened to anyone else before???

Xx

You need to be careful when using a UV gel polish near any kind of UV, whether it's your UV lamp or the UV that comes from the sun.

I would put it down to experience and throw it away... I doubt very much you'll be able to save it, as not only has the brush cured, but some of the product in the bottle may have cured too. :sad:

Oh dear, your trainer should have warned you against working with any gel products in even a small amount of sunshine as it will start to set very quickly.

If you are mobile you need to be careful of how you transport these items in warm weather and where you choose to sit and work in other people's houses.

I think the brush is dead but another geek may have a brilliant solution for you.

Jacqui xx

I presume you have thrown away your last bottle?
As you could just swap your new for your old one.

Not sure about soaking. You might end up melting the brush.

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

Yes already thrown it away. See because the doors were closed I didn't think any actual UV would have got to it but I was clearly wrong new sealer for me I think. Luckily I didn't have any other polishes out. If the bottle is for the bin anyway I might try it with the acetone first and let u all know if it works. Doubt it tho

Thanks all xx

I could be wrong but I thought Nail Harmony did replacement brushes, not 100% sure but might be worth giving them a call.

I'm so glad I read this because I have recently set up my mailbag in my conservatory!
I have a north facing garden so no sun in it yet but in the summer it dies get it.

I'm gonna need to rethink this, aren't I? 😒

Obviously I meant nail bar, bloody predictive text! Lol

I work from a summerhouse and I am going to have this problem too. Will be investing in some blinds but I'm not going to be able to have my Shellac on display which is a pain as I wanted it all set out really nicely.
So all I can do now is just show the colours and any nail art examples on nail art display colour pops and keep my Shellac in a draw so the sun can't get to it!

I work from a summerhouse and I am going to have this problem too. Will be investing in some blinds but I'm not going to be able to have my Shellac on display which is a pain as I wanted it all set out really nicely.
So all I can do now is just show the colours and any nail art examples on nail art display colour pops and keep my Shellac in a draw so the sun can't get to it!

Planky you'll be fine displaying your colours, once they aren't open.

The bottles are all opaque and are made this way for that exact reason.

I work from a very bright room with a big window and have two Shellac racks on my wall (away from the window) and a Shellac Rack on each of my nail stations (near the window) and I've never had a problem.

I even read a thread about a girl who was mobile and one of her Shellac bottles fell into her lamp without her realising... she worked away with the lamp on and then realised the Shellac bottle was there... it was perfect and hadn't cured at all.

Just make sure you work clean and keep the neck of all your bottles clean so the lid can be closed nice and tight and you'll be fine :hug:

This happened to me before and I wiped the brush clean. I was able to pick the cured stuff from the brush!

hiya, i work from my conservatory and you just have to be very careful with your products. i have blinds up and my nail desk is set up on the side that doesn't get as much sunlight, i also work with my back to the windows and make sure i put lids on my pots whilst working to prevent over exposure.

when i did some training last year the trainer told me there was no way i could work in a conservatory doing gel nails!!! but another trainer said to just be very careful and helped me with the steps i have taken. I also remove the gels at night as it can get very cold in there and this also doesnt help the gels longevity.

am hoping this all made sense!! just wanted those of you thinking of setting up in a conservatory not to be put off xx:biggrin:

I work from a room that gets alot of sun in the afternoon and have also cured brushes.... Iv now had my windows in that room tinted to block most of the uv, it's not a dark tint but a strong one, it's also good for conservatories as it stops the sun from fading your furniture :)

last year i went and did a set of nails.. and the only place they woudl do it was in the conservatory.. hence i lost a whole pot of gel.. even though i kept it in the shade etc..

Sarah x

Ah really. This has helped loads geeks, I'm going to try and pick off the cured bits and call nail harmony and see if they do replacement brushes! Thank.you all!!! Xx

Called Nail Harmony everyone and they are sending me three replacement brushes free of charge! Brilliant help thank.you so much Katty J xxx

Called Nail Harmony everyone and they are sending me three replacement brushes free of charge! Brilliant help thank.you so much Katty J xxx

Ah you're very welcome, glad you got it sorted x

Glad you got it sorted and Nail Harmony have Fab customer service. They've helped me out when I had a broken bottle of Gelish arrive. Even when I had a problem with my top it off technique they sorted it for me.
x

Planky you'll be fine displaying your colours, once they aren't open.

The bottles are all opaque and are made this way for that exact reason.

I work from a very bright room with a big window and have two Shellac racks on my wall (away from the window) and a Shellac Rack on each of my nail stations (near the window) and I've never had a problem.

I even read a thread about a girl who was mobile and one of her Shellac bottles fell into her lamp without her realising... she worked away with the lamp on and then realised the Shellac bottle was there... it was perfect and hadn't cured at all.

Just make sure you work clean and keep the neck of all your bottles clean so the lid can be closed nice and tight and you'll be fine :hug:

Ah ok, I did wonder cos the light from the lamp itself beams out everywhere and did think why hadn't they made bottles the sun couldn't get through Lol!! And another fine example why I'm called Planky! :rolleyes: :D
I will be taking pics soon so will get you to have a look and you can tell me if it's ok to display them where I want to.
Also, another silly question, do you wipe your bottle necks with D Sperse or D solve? :o

Latest posts

Back