Eggpot waxers: Any good or just pretty?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolita

Reaction score
am not a waxer yet but was thinking if getting an eggpot 3 in 1 waxer as a starter kit. does anyone have one? are they any good or just pretty?:eek::idea::idea::!::Scared:

I have seen the Egg pot that looks great but I have not used it. Have you looked on Ellisons at the PhD system? It is similar if you want to offer hygenic waxing using a tube.

It was a total waste of money, its now sitting in a cupboard and and I have gone back to my beloved Hive heater, my advice is dont buy it!

I did a waxing course a while back and the eggpot came with the kit. I haven't got anything to compare it with, as I didn't try any other heater, but I suspect it was a tad slow to heat the wax when I hear about what others can do in less time? Sorry, that's not much help, is it? :irked: :hug:

Thanks for your replies girls, it seems to be true. They are more pretty than usefull. I'm off to check ellisons phd system and hive etc.

am not a waxer yet but was thinking if getting an eggpot 3 in 1 waxer as a starter kit. does anyone have one? are they any good or just pretty?:eek::idea::idea::!::Scared:
Hi,
I have a Phd Waxing system for sale if you are interested,it has lots of wax and extras with it,but the wax can only be purchased through Ellisons,its kind of similar to the eggpot but i find it better.

I find I use a lot of wax with the phd system and it never seems to glide on. It also takes ages to warm up.

Can any of you recommend the easiest wax to spread on. I am hopeless at spreading the wax even down the legs.

x

Really, unless you are waxing family and friends as a hobby, I recommend you master spatula waxing. It's versatile (for all body parts) and economical and I for one, wax to make a living, so profit is important to me. Hive heaters are 'no frills' and absolutely perfect for the job. Professional and hardwearing.

If you really can't or don't want to, then probably the Clean & Easy roller system is easier to use (for glide) than a tube system. I know there are those that love their PhD but many find it difficult to master, and wasteful to boot. Also, when I have been waxed with PhD I have found it scratchy.

Although they do look pretty and the pink ones very girlie...there best for domestic use :hug:

I use the PhD system and do not have any problems gliding the wax on smoothly. I have practised on friends and family and watched the PhD training DVD which is VERY useful.

Each to their own I guess.

:Scared:Think I'm decided on hive, haven't started wax in college yet (sep) but was going to start giving it a go on myself untill i read a thread about a girl who took the skin of some poor guy's ball sack (sorry to be crude). Scared me into waiting for training!!!!:Scared:

Latest posts

Back