ELE mascara look

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovemybabies

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm a newbe lasher, recently qualified with The Beauty Academy in Birmingham (paid a lot of money for very little IMO). Any how I have been applying around 40 lpe using 0.15 j curl and the end effect is very pretty but it still looks like a coat of mascara is necessary. Think I might start using c curls in 0.20. What do u think?

Any advice on how to achieve the mascara look would be great:lol:

By the way absolutely loving the site, so much usefull info:hug:

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm a newbe lasher, recently qualified with The Beauty Academy in Birmingham (paid a lot of money for very little IMO). Any how I have been applying around 40 lpe using 0.15 j curl and the end effect is very pretty but it still looks like a coat of mascara is necessary. Think I might start using c curls in 0.20. What do u think?

Any advice on how to achieve the mascara look would be great:lol:

By the way absolutely loving the site, so much usefull info:hug:

Hiya, yes you are right the .15 are very pretty and very "natural":lol: If you are wanting to achieve the mascara look you need to go up in thickness (dependant on how strong the clients lash are) you can go up to .25 and I would definately go for a C curl, you will also be needing to apply more than 40 lpe :) more like 70/100 lpe dependant again on the clients lashes!!!

Hope that helps xx

thanks for the advice will start applying more lashes per eye. Loads of practice to achieve that many lashes in 2hrs lol. Thanks again x

Hi, I'm fairly new to lashing too and what I've found is its more to do with the number of lashes rather than the thickness and using C or B curl rather than J.

Mainly 0.15 in B or C curl should give the look you desire (with just a few .20 sprinkled in for emphasis) so long as what Blinkingorgeous says around 70-100 LPE are applied. You'll also find .15 thick lashes set on the lash slightly quicker than .20 so you should be able to get more lashes on in a shorter period of time so it will help you build up your speed.

Another trick I've discovered is it's great to mix up lengths and curves i.e. if I'm doing a full set with say C.15 with 12mm as the longest length I'll put lots of B.15 9/10mm on the shorter lashes to darken the lash line (I use the B curl so the shorter length so it blends to the shape of the longer C-curl).

Taping up layers to get to the shorter lashes underneath can also help with isolating quicker and getting to bottom layer.

HTH :hug:

Great tip on the thickness and drying times Tickle, I didnt think of that. So less isnt always more when it comes to lashes. Lol x

Great tip on the thickness and drying times Tickle, I didnt think of that. So less isnt always more when it comes to lashes. Lol x

Pleasure! Another amazing source of info on lashes is HERE I've found it very helpful with learning more advanced techniques and unbiased feedback from experienced lashers around the world.

thanks for the advice will start applying more lashes per eye. Loads of practice to achieve that many lashes in 2hrs lol. Thanks again x

Well you know what they say about lashes, practice practice practice :lol:

Just eat sleep and breath lashes like me and you will get that amount on in an hour and 30 soon :)

Pleasure! Another amazing source of info on lashes is HERE I've found it very helpful with learning more advanced techniques and unbiased feedback from experienced lashers around the world.

OOOh more lash info, fab :lol:

Hi, I'm fairly new to lashing too and what I've found is its more to do with the number of lashes rather than the thickness and using C or B curl rather than J.

Completely agree with you!!

Latest posts

Back