Electric filing my nails to nothing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gorgeousnails

Reaction score
Just been to the nail salon i've been going to for ages. Every time I go, they always file my nails and i mean like 50% of my nails til I ache!
I went in last saturday to get a new set (other set came off) and I said, dont file them, they hurt! anyway, three days later 8 fell off and 2 were lifting really badly!
I went in today and the bloke said (in really broken english) "be a strong hero, pain is not too bad" he also said he has no other people complain and that he needs to file so that the tips and acyrlic stick on.
So he soaked the remaining two off and filed them with the electric file (really filed them again) and put a strengthening varnish on the top. And gave me half the money back!

I'm due to start my nail course in next few weeks and really feel bad that i might hurt someone! Plus I want to go back in and have a go at them!!!

Anyway, do you really need to file so much??????

Angel...

why did you keep going when they caused you so much pain and you where aware of the damage being done to your nails...?

Nails do not require roughing up to make the products adhere...unless they are using MMA...then it does which is what makes MMA so bad.

If good quality products are used and a good prep is performed than all that needs to be done is the shine removed from the natural nail...no more.

OMG!!!

Lets just say, you wont be training to use electric files on your nail course!!!

Lets hope your own natural nail is not too damaged for the other students to be able to practice on. If I was you I would get those nail enhancements off asap and start nurturing your own nails with loads of oil to get the strong before your course. Good luck with your venture. You will then learn what it takes to be a "real" nail technician. X

stupidity! i never really bothered about my nails, i just wanted them looking nice, if it ever hurt, i pulled my hand away and they stopped.
i was really stupid to keep going. but i went to afew salons in town and they were all pretty much the same. the other ones made me bleed by filing skin, rough with the other files, they were the best in my area.

Oh hun we all learn by our mistakes, myself included. I too went to these places to get enhancements because I was non the wiser, I followed the pack.

Now, since researching, getting training, I know better. Plus, once you have mastered filing by hand, electric files are ok, but you must be trained how to use them, and they must be used with respect to the natural nail. But, to be honest, there is nothing more satisfying than achieving a great looking nail and pair of hands using only a manual file.

You will gain a wealth of knowledge just from being on this forum I know I have.

Enjoy your course and chatting with all here on "salon geek" X

OMG, Never never let anyone use an e file on your natural nail, I have one just to take bulk down if needed on a re balance. I had to train to use it only after I had qualified in all my nail enhancements.
Use no more than a 180 grit file on a natural nail, you only need to buf the shine off, not layers of nail plate. I went to a friend of mine who trained at the same place as me, she started to use a red file and had brown files ready to file my natural nail plate, I pulled away and asked her to remember what she had been taught. She said these are cheaper so I use them. She has never touched my nails again.
It took me some time to perfect my technique, but I can do both of my hands myself now. Too fussy to let anyone near who I don't trust.
I do wish some of the great nail geeks on this site lived near me, then I would love to have my nails pampered by them.
Enjoy your training, it will take time to get it perfect, but it is fun.
Lotsa luv x :hug:

You know what hun? From the time that your nails were hurting you should have stopped there and then, the damage that he did to your nails is unbelievable, you could get a nail infection amongst other things, it's just not worth it and if you want to go into the nail industry you have to remember that your nails will be on display and if they are infected they will not show professionalism. I would suggest that you give your nails a rest and start from scratch with natural nails :hug:

I have really always wanted to know why women like yourself put up with the pain and the damage.

You must have known this was not how a nail treatment should be. You must know that there are nail technicians who do professional, safe, pain free, and gorgeous work. so Why??

Is it the cheapness of the service in these places? .. is it the quickness of the service in these places? Is it something else?

I really am genuinely interested in what it is that makes a woman go back and back and endure the unsanitary conditions, the damage and the clear lack of concern that the technicians show for the welfare of your natural nails. Please tell me.

Latest posts

Back