Electric foot file for pedicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen-Nail Tech

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I've been doing pedicures for a year now but I have to admit the hard skin removal is not my favourite part as I don't enjoy using the metal foot files - I just don't like the results sometimes.

A few years back I had a mobile therapist around that had an electric foot file which was brilliant. I've looked online and found a Scholl Professional Manicure & Pedicure Kit which is in theory what I'm looking for so I've bought it and tried it out on my husbands feet although he doesn't really have a lot of hard skin it seems this tool struggles to do much difference.

Does anyone use an electric foot file? If so can you please recommend what's good. I'd really appreciate your input!!

Karen x

Hi everyone

I've been doing pedicures for a year now but I have to admit the hard skin removal is not my favourite part as I don't enjoy using the metal foot files - I just don't like the results sometimes.

A few years back I had a mobile therapist around that had an electric foot file which was brilliant. I've looked online and found a Scholl Professional Manicure & Pedicure Kit which is in theory what I'm looking for so I've bought it and tried it out on my husbands feet although he doesn't really have a lot of hard skin it seems this tool struggles to do much difference.

Does anyone use an electric foot file? If so can you please recommend what's good. I'd really appreciate your input!!

Karen x

I dont use an electric foot file but my foot lady friend does and she uses a Dremel, maybe you can google it and see what you find :)

I dont use an electric foot file but my foot lady friend does and she uses a Dremel, maybe you can google it and see what you find :)

Thanks for your reply :)

I've just looked up "Dremel" and unless I'm mistaken it's showing up that Dremel is a brand of DIY Power Tools?!

x

Thanks for your reply :)

I've just looked up "Dremel" and unless I'm mistaken it's showing up that Dremel is a brand of DIY Power Tools?!

x

Hi yes it is, I have always known them to be DIY power tools too so when my friend broke out with this on my feet I was wondering what on earth was going on - I am just waiting to hear back from her about it :)

I have used the PediSenso made by Promed for over 10 years. It's a professional tool made in Germany for pedis. It rocks! I use the fluted bit to keep heat down and to be honest is tool is one of the reasons some of my clients come in. A few of em don't come in as often as they should and this tool is awesome for them!!!
But the tool i use the most is a solid stainless steel foot file with peel and toss grit tapes, this thing is the ultimate of pedis. My clients love the idea of the sanitation issue of tossing the old tapes away and they get fresh , new and very aggressive grit on the file. Hope this helps, its made my pedis much better!!

I have used the PediSenso made by Promed for over 10 years. It's a professional tool made in Germany for pedis. It rocks! I use the fluted bit to keep heat down and to be honest is tool is one of the reasons some of my clients come in. A few of em don't come in as often as they should and this tool is awesome for them!!!
But the tool i use the most is a solid stainless steel foot file with peel and toss grit tapes, this thing is the ultimate of pedis. My clients love the idea of the sanitation issue of tossing the old tapes away and they get fresh , new and very aggressive grit on the file. Hope this helps, its made my pedis much better!!

Wow! I've just looked this up quickly and the PediSenso looks like exactly what I'm looking for. My only issue is it seems to be more available in the States than here in the UK. I wonder if there's a UK equivalent... If anyone knows please share!

Thanks for replying :)

x

The professional reviews on that item did not get favorable reviews at all!
Hard to sanitize, mineral wheels get very hot and can burn a client, the review said it was "cheaply made". Consumer grade for sure. The review i read was within the last three months of NailPro mag. But cant remember exactly which issue. :(
I'd not sell for retail as its a bit contradicting to your business but that's up to you.
The PediSenso by Promed is made in Germany! I would think there would be suppliers in all of Europe! It's honestly an awesome piece of equipment, hope you can find a supplier!!

can someone let me know if they have found a supplier in the uk? i found a czech one i think :S

HI - I have recently purchased a MICROPEDI professional. Really pleased with the results.

I'm currently looking for an electric foot file after having a pedicure using one for the first time yesterday. The salon I visited used the machine to get every last bit of hard/dry skin from my feet. She used larger bits for the pads & heels then smaller ones for around my toe nails. I'm super impressed! The pedi was so thorough & my feet feel amazing. Has anyone had any success buying/finding or can recommend? The salon was in Krakow Poland called Mani Pedi..... xx

We use Solis nail care machines which are purchased from Jessica.

They just seem to last and last (and have been dropped numerous times!). Our clients love them & they're super thorough without having to give yourself a workout. They can also reach all sorts of nooks and crannies that can't be reached with any other tool.

I've included a thread on the solis nail care machine plus some rubbish pics from my jessica catalogue for reference :biggrin:

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/106521-nail-care-machines.html

I forgot... they're also really reasonably priced! I'll pm you.

Attachments

• SOLIS Manicure - Pedicure Set bordeaux (1).jpg
    SOLIS Manicure - Pedicure Set bordeaux (1).jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 660
  • solis nail care 1.jpg
    solis nail care 1.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 457
  • solis nail care attachments.jpg
    solis nail care attachments.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 427
We use Solis nail care machines which are purchased from Jessica.

They just seem to last and last (and have been dropped numerous times!). Our clients love them & they're super thorough without having to give yourself a workout. They can also reach all sorts of nooks and crannies that can't be reached with any other tool.

I've included a thread on the solis nail care machine plus some rubbish pics from my jessica catalogue for reference :biggrin:

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/106521-nail-care-machines.html

I forgot... they're also really reasonably priced! I'll pm you.

Ok, so I have inherited this machine from the person that was renting the room before me. Is it still possible to purchase parts for it as one of them appears to be broken, and would I need to have training with it?

They're in the current Gerrard International catalogue so presumably everything can still be purchased.

Can you tell I don't do salon ordering :lol:

You don't need training. They're made for delicate skin so it would be pretty hard to harm someone with it. Unless you bopped them over the head :D

I am so glad someone posted this I have been wondering too!
Those pumice stones leave my arms in agony and a sweat up :)
I have noticed that Kupa drills have an attachment for a foot file
for dry skin. I thought that would be a bit more cost effective then
buying a new drill as a lot of us here have Krupa files or something
similar. Has anyone used this before? What kind if technique /speed
woukd you use on skin though to not cause friction?

Microdermabrasion machines are excellent for pedicures.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am looking for the accessories, do you sell them separately? One of mine is broken.

We do yes

710.25 cut. pusher - £9.00
710.20 nail shaper - £7.60
710.24 cut. brush - £8.50
710.21 emery round - £10.30
710.22 emery conical - £10.30
710.23 ped. emery - £12.00

Microdermabrasion machines are excellent for pedicures.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

They're great yes but you cannot shape nails and do cuticles with a microdermabrasion machine

Latest posts

Back