Electrologists

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuttie_Pie

Reaction score
What equipment do you use in industry? Do most people use sterex or do you use other systems? How do you find the machine that you use?

Hi I have an old sterex machine but I dont use it on clients anymore (think its obsolete) and I am mobile so I couldnt see the point of getting a new machine. Its a SWD (short wave diathermy - heat destruction) But I guess use what your trained in (blend or swd) and go for what you can afford.

I use sterex short wave diathermy, but only because I got a good deal & didn't want to spend too much until I was sure there would be a call for it. There is & as soon as I am able I will get a blend machine, would still use sterex though as they have great customer service & trained mostly on that machine.
Ols x:)

There are lots of elec machines available, some all siging all dancing. teh last machine i used was an apilus, its absolutly fab, and has all teh clients programmed in, so it goes straight to thier current intensity settings etc. it has a timer, footswith or auto mode (releases current when it detects its in the follicle)and has diathermy, galvanic and blend. i am also sure it is very expensive. Otherwise, i think sterex is really good, they are very reliable and their machines are really easy to use. they are reasonably priced and do starter sets too (ellisons, beauty express). i am looking at getting a new machine and will prob get a sterex diathermy (just my preference).they also look quite nice (modern etc).
look at your budget and what method you want, and maybe go to one of the beauty exhibitions to get a good deal (and maybe a play?)HTHs:hug:

I also use sterex at the salon, it's a blend machine (SX-3 or something similar), i find sterex really easy to use and the starter kits you can get as mentioned by eager beaver contain everything you need to get started including a yellow sharps box for used needles.

hey guys - while your all taking about electrolysis - can i be really cheeky and ask a quick question too!!! sorry!
im now looking to start training in electrolysis and have found courses ranging from £750 to £2,000!! also from 1 day to 16 days!! im really confused - is it do-able in 1 day??!! i am trained in waxing and other beauty treatments.....

sorry to butt in but would love to hear your ideas!! thanks xxx

What equipment do you use in industry? Do most people use sterex or do you use othe rsystems? How do you find the machine that you use?

I bought a Carlton Ultrablend at Earls Court last year, saved the VAT on about £700, very happy! I chose this machine over the Sterex SXB as it has a facility for anaphoresis and cataphoresis which the Sterex doesn't and they are roughly the same price. The Carlton also comes with a days training and their aftercare is very good :)

hey guys - while your all taking about electrolysis - can i be really cheeky and ask a quick question too!!! sorry!
im now looking to start training in electrolysis and have found courses ranging from £750 to £2,000!! also from 1 day to 16 days!! im really confused - is it do-able in 1 day??!! i am trained in waxing and other beauty treatments.....

There is a lot to learn! So the longer the better I think! Not just for the theory but for getting practical experience. But as always, each individual's natural aptitude for a subject is different and short courses can work well. I have done some short courses and some long ones but for electrolysis I'm glad I did a long course because I really did feel we covered everything.

as zo zo said, your aptitude will be a huge factor. also, if its one to one training thats a bonus as you get all that attention. electrolysis will need much practice after your course, i would imagine you would go back for an assessment day.
go for a reputable company (sterex offer courses) if you go down this route. shorter courses in elec can be hard to find, private training colleges will offer them over approx 10 weeks, thou they are pricey (pay for what you get).Research all your options carefully so that you get the training you deserve. my personal opinion is that one day isnt enough, there is alot of technique involved, and lots to learn too. goodluck in your choice x:)

I did just over a year of full time beauty training and we did over 150hrs of electrolysis practice and still only got the hang of it towards the end!!! :eek:

anaphoresis and cataphoresis are used with galvanic/blend (using the roller) and one deep cleanses and the other soothes area treated. the apilus machine had this feature, and was great after elec with galvanic.hths:)

I definately agree with, the longer the better. There is so much to learn & it really helps having someone looking over your shoulder giving you advice etc. I like electrolysis but it does take practice. Get as much help as is available I'd say:)
Ols x

anaphoresis and cataphoresis are used with galvanic/blend (using the roller) and one deep cleanses and the other soothes area treated. the apilus machine had this feature, and was great after elec with galvanic.hths:)

Oh thankyou for explaining.. I guess its similar to doing desincrustation and iontopheresis with the facial galvanic equipment?

Latest posts

Back