Ellisons Beauty Kit - NVQ Level 2 - HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbeautyx

Reaction score
Okay I'm starting my first beauty course in a few weeks and still haven't ordered my "beauty kit" from Ellisons and it seems really expensive - there are kits on ebay from Ellisons going for A LOT less! I'm currently bidding on a few but they haven't got everything on my list the college has given me.

So my question is... does anyone know where I can get Ellisons Beauty Kits from cheaper? I know I'm getting ripped off and I REALLY can't afford it. I'm already paying for the course and uniform which has set me back loads.

Alternatively is anyone willing to sell me a kit?? (Has to be Ellisons!)

Please please try and help, any advice I would be extremely grateful!!!!

THANKS xxxx

Hi,
Are you for real?
so your already bidding on some, that dont contain the things you need?
you do know that if you win these items you have to pay for them?

im afraid the only way around it is to but the one your college said,can you not ask for it as an early xmas prezzie from someone?
good luck!
Kate

Hi there ...... I have had to buy my Ellisons kit too and what pees me off is that I already have half the stuff but if that is what the college wants then so be it. I also thought the cost was rather painful too and surely that lot can not cost what it does (we might have different variations from college to college) but I have to tell you that I went through the Ellisons website and jotted down what the items are costing if I bought them individually from Ellisons compared to the cost arranged by the college and we are definitely getting a good price saving - I have my details here.... it adds up to £265.50 PLUS VAT but the "college" price is £246.50 INCLUDING VAT.

The kit arrived today and some items are ho-hum, and I wouldn't have bought this or that brand, but there are other items I am sure I will have for years to come. So I am feeling good about it. I hope you manage to see the brighter side and find the money soon. Think positively and it will come. Asking for early Christmas presents is not a bad idea! :hug:

Caroline x

I'd stick with the one your college has recommended sweets, I know the colleges and beauty suppliers work together to offer you a good discount.

Think you will end up spending more buying bits and bobs yourself!

Just see it as an investment and think of the money you will earn off it x

Hi, i done my Level two last year and in currentlly doing my Hnc. i still own my kit and products and implements are in it. it is all ellisons??
if you want it, ill sell it for £60

:)

Hi, i done my Level two last year and in currentlly doing my Hnc. i still own my kit and products and implements are in it. it is all ellisons??
if you want it, ill sell it for £60

:)

hun, just so's you know, you arent allowed to advatise things to sell on here :)

At college I had to buy an Ellisons kit for level 1 and another for level 2. I was quite annoyed that they said we had to, because my level 2 kit was the same only with a few extras, I could have saved a lot of money by just buying those extras.

We have had some customers at Salon Services who found their college kits too expensive, or not good value for money, so have bought our kits instead and been very happy with them.

The best thing is to get a list from your tutor of everything you will need and go shop around. Also, speak to somebody who has done the same course or used the same kit, they will tell you if the equipment was any good, and what they they did or didn't use. I still have bits from both my kits that haven't been touched!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back