Enamel coming off in chunks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathie!

Reaction score
I've done a search on this as it's a new one for me and couldn't come up with anything and I don't have any experience of it.

My colleague did a natural nail manicure on a client on Saturday and the client rang her on Monday to say that the enamel had come off in chunks.

All normal manicure proceedure followed. Products not really the best but these are what she uses and has never had this kind of complaint before.

The only time I have seen this is with myself when I do a bit of side wall to side wall tooth fiddling, the enamel cracks and flakes off.

I said to my colleague that it does sound like a bit of client intervention to me but if anyone has any pearls of wisdom, we look forward to hearing them.

Many thanks.xxx

Were the clients nails very flexible,
i have had one client who's nails are so flexible that both enamel and gel just chips off for fun in big chunks hth :hug:

Were the clients nails very flexible,
i have had one client who's nails are so flexible that both enamel and gel just chips off for fun in big chunks hth :hug:
Thanks hun, I'll ask her but I doubt flexibility is the problem as there was very little free edge. x

Cathie if your colleague has never had this problem before, I am tending to think like you, that it is down to the client. Is it a new client?

Cathie if your colleague has never had this problem before, I am tending to think like you, that it is down to the client. Is it a new client?
Yes, she was a new client, new to us and new to the hair salon. My instincts tell me it's not something my colleague has done, but strange things do happen, very occasionally. She has offered to redo the enamel for her. x

Yes, she was a new client, new to us and new to the hair salon. My instincts tell me it's not something my colleague has done, but strange things do happen, very occasionally. She has offered to redo the enamel for her. x

I think you are right Cathie, it'll be interesting to see if anyone comes up with anything, sorry I couldn't help. :hug:

this is probably irrelevant, but i know my friend who does nails done my other friends nails with foil polish and then put "nsi airshield" on as a top coat, and within the next two days all the polish had came off in chunks and my friend didnt even have to use remover as there was no polish left!

no base coat was used though and the nail was "squeaked" beforehand though,

:)

Latest posts

Back