Entering competitions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 31754

Reaction score
i found this forum using google, looooooooove it! some very good info here peeps. i thought this wud be perfect to ask about entering competitions.

i qualified last month, and don't feel that confident when doing things out of the ordinary. i have some creative ideas but i can't do them, cos i guess i need to practice handling hair more.

when entering competitions what is the process? i mean do u have to come up with something completely new, that has never been done before? is it a colour and cut on one client? what sort of standards do u have to be @ to do them?

when i think of competitions i think its a scary world of top class vidal sassoon perfect precision cutting and colour to create soimething that has never been seen before!

ive never done competitions myself , won one in college so im probably not much good fo advice here , but it does seem to me that it is all about the visual ,not the actual quality of the colour and cut , its about the IMAGE . Thats the impression i get anyhows!

Hi, well they had a fab hair competition on here not that long ago :)
some lovely hair ups too :hug:

Its great experience if you can enter hair comps, I did one when I was doing my level 2, even got interviewed for tv its was a great day out I did a hair up comp, I think they look for a number of things not just and it depends what your doing hairup/cut/colour etc..

When I entered it was called hair by night so I had to do my own version of what I though hair by night was , also there were lots of other comps going on for different levels, one was a cut, they set the rules of how much you can cut it must be at least x amount of hair on the floor it was a while ago now but I would do it again just for the experience of the day

goodluck

Latest posts

Back