Entity One Colour Coutour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenna-dawn

Reaction score
hi all i fancied buying an entity one colour contour kit....have any of you geeks used it??? is it any good....i think its supposed to be like shellac or gelish..

and also would i be able to do rockstar nails with this stuff aswel???

thanks people :)

Last edited:
From what iv heard it's a brilliant product!!

hi all i fancied buying an entity one colour contour kit....have any of you geeks used it??? is it any good....i think its supposed to be like shellac or gelish..

and also would i be able to do rockstar nails with this stuff aswel???

thanks people :)

Hi Jenna it's a fab product! I myself have tried a few different brands within my salon and find this to be up there at the top, great colours, lasts really well and making me lots of extra money :)

P.s I'm an entity educator but I am only giving my honest option about the product x

Entiy one polish is great and clients love it.

Can I ask a silly question, what is entity one colour contour? xx

You really need to try it for yourself to give an honest opinion! I myself have tried a lot out there! Entity is up there at the top along with a few others!

I have removed a few posts from this thread which were off topic, should be private messages and were not answering the original question.

Who's using Entity One Colour Contour?

Have you also used Shellac?

What do you prefer?

Thanks Geeks x

Have been using Shellac since it was first released and recently bought Entity One Color Couture...just a few colors and the necessary bits and pieces to see if it might help some of my clients who are a bit rough on their nails.

Cured the product in Shellac lamp (as advised by supplier) and had amazing results....until it came time for removal.

Followed all the instructions to a tee and just couldn't get the stuff to budge. Ended up having to file most of it off! Not sure if this would happen if I was using the Entity lamp but it was a massive waste of my time (in comparison to Shellac).

Having said that, clients loved the results! Hoping if I purchase the Entity lamp the removal might be easier. Just don't want to fork out that much money unless this really will help!

Entity One Color Couture is a gel polish like shellac, gelish etc. I have been using it for over 12 months now and have had no problems or complaints so far. It is a wonderful product albeit not the cheapest but you do get what you pay for :biggrin:

Entity is brilliant stays on much longer than shellac in my opinion, always great results! I use the cnd lamp for curing, as for removal I find that buffing the top coat off beforehand does the trick!
I now have a question for anyone already using it, entity released their own LED lamp but is around £300 has anyone used other LED lamps and are they just the same??

Entity is brilliant stays on much longer than shellac in my opinion, always great results! I use the cnd lamp for curing, as for removal I find that buffing the top coat off beforehand does the trick!
I now have a question for anyone already using it, entity released their own LED lamp but is around £300 has anyone used other LED lamps and are they just the same??

I'd love to know this too as having invested in the kit we are struggling a bit to cure with a cheaper lamp even though they told us it would be fine!! Also wondered if anyone has had issues with curing iif it's hot! We have three vertical tanning units nearish to our nail station and are just realising that the problems occur mainly at night when the beds have been busy and the room is mega hot! Got no option to move the nails so have just been buying lots of fans! Thinking this must be exactly the same with all gel polishes but it's been a total nightmare for us with the black Colour Couture especially! Sooo afraid of it now :sad: Would love your advice!! xx

I use entity one colour. I used to use the uv lamp and there was a few times I had problems with curing. Now I use the entity led lamp and it's brilliant. No problems at all! I do the thumbs separate though to ensure it's cured properly. I know it's expensive but defiantly worth it. For soaking off I put a wheat pack on and it comes off a lot better and quicker. As for the black it's a nightmare! I had to send mine back and so did my friend. Our supplier then told us it was faulty batch. Go back to your supplier and get another one. I know how you feel because my heart used to sink when people asked for it. I now use black pro gel. It's from the beauty partnership too and has some ace colours. Oh and for heat, the sun comes into my room in the morning and if I'm doing nails I need to close the blinds as it cures as your doing it. This is direct sun light though. Haven't had any problems with it just being hot. X

I wear entity colour couture and think it's great! But because it's quite expensive about 25 quid a bottle I've invested in pro gel which is about 12 a bottle but apparently just as good xx

I use entity one colour. I used to use the uv lamp and there was a few times I had problems with curing. Now I use the entity led lamp and it's brilliant. No problems at all! I do the thumbs separate though to ensure it's cured properly. I know it's expensive but defiantly worth it. For soaking off I put a wheat pack on and it comes off a lot better and quicker. As for the black it's a nightmare! I had to send mine back and so did my friend. Our supplier then told us it was faulty batch. Go back to your supplier and get another one. I know how you feel because my heart used to sink when people asked for it. I now use black pro gel. It's from the beauty partnership too and has some ace colours. Oh and for heat, the sun comes into my room in the morning and if I'm doing nails I need to close the blinds as it cures as your doing it. This is direct sun light though. Haven't had any problems with it just being hot. X

God do I love you Beautygirl :D!! Thank you for making me feel so much better. This is where Salon Geek is so fantastic as I have seriously been losing sleep and even in tears after clients have gone with the stress of it all! I last used the black on a client who had such an important event the next morning and she had to go home with bare nails as had no time left to waste after we tried this way and that to get it right. We took it all off after an hour and she had no time to have another colour! I felt worse than terrible but thankfully she was just lovely, understands that these things happen and still comes in!! My next steps are to.......
A) invest in the entity LED lamp but having just enquired they have apparently sent the last batch back as it was faulty so there may be a wait for new ones...and
B) send my black back to them or give it back to our rep who calls in regularly and get the pro gel!!
Just got one question though! Can you explain how to use a wheat pack to remove it as I've not tried that and would like to! Anything to make the job easier. ;)
Thanks again xx

No problem! It's nice to be able to help someone as it's normally all CND questions. I've been there with the black! I too was in tears! I ended up putting on normal black polish but thankfully my lady was lovely too and still comes to me :) my supplier was a nightmare so now I order from the beauty partnership website. So much easier! Yes entity is about twice the price of progel and it's just as good! They have some ace colours! X

Oh the wheat pack! It's for back problems etc. Can buy it from local pharmacy. Stick it in the microwave for 2 mins then lay it on top of clients hands/feet on top of the wraps. It's brilliant! What a difference it makes! Keeps clients hards cozy too. They love it! X

Brilliant....but spot the deliberate mistake.....no microwave! Not even got room for one :-( Off to find another solution. Thanks again xx

I wear entity colour couture and think it's great! But because it's quite expensive about 25 quid a bottle I've invested in pro gel which is about 12 a bottle but apparently just as good xx

I'm trying to google pro gel can't find it x

Brilliant....but spot the deliberate mistake.....no microwave! Not even got room for one :-( Off to find another solution. Thanks again xx

I don't work with the same brand but here is what I do if I struggle to remove a nail product.

I wrap the nails in foil parcels with the remover on cotton pads. Then I put disposable gloves (or disposable bags around feet ) then insert into heated mitts / boots. I sometimes put a wee hand mask on clients too so they feel like its a wee treat.

I got my heated booties from salon services and you plug them in with different heat settings for different client needs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back