Epic fail at waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophiegees

Reaction score
OK, so I got my waxing certificate a couple of years ago and never really did it after. Thought I would do some practice and maybe in the future offer it. Well I dont think so.....

There was wax literally everywhere - my hand was stuck to my top, pulled it off with half my skin....My gloves stuck together and stuck to the bed... My friend had it everywhere with fluffy white stuff stuck on it where we tried to get it off with cotton wool.. Leg number 2 the top of the clean and easy roller wax unscrewed and my poor friend had half and inch thick wax over her leg..

Have formally retired from waxing... and sticking to feet, nails and massage (in the interest of public safety....)

x

Oh Sophie this made me roar with laughter. You poor thing. Waxing is not difficult it is all a matter of the right set up and temperature. Maybe a bit of extra training and pot and spatula?

How funny!
I had a mouth full of brazil nuts and red wine when I read that which I then snorted out of my nose!

Sophie, so funny to read but don't give up. Book a refresher course, that's what I did and actually really enjoy waxing. Will book an intimate waxing course in the near future. Have a look at Kim Lawless website for information on courses, she will sort you out. A lovely lady.

Thanks guys... yes a Kim Lawless course would be fab. Once my confidence has risen out of the minus zone that is something I will definately think about. Thank you all. I can see the funny side of it now and thankfully my friend was wonderful - and she says I have to do her legs forever now - so she is going to make me carry on I think.. But no-one else for a very long time I think....

x

Ha ha ha, this made me laugh. I agree you could do with a couple of hours with someone to just refresh your skills. I am sure it wouldn't take much longer than that for you to get to grips with it again. Us old girls need to stick together, if you pardon the pun!:)

Well I did my sugar paste assessment in college today and just as the tutor came in to see how I was getting on I pulled up, the end of the paste did a full 360 around my hand, still attached to my hand by a long length of paste and splattered on the bed, back on my clients leg and all over her foot, almost hitting my teacher in the face at the other end of the bed in the process. Fortunately she's my classmate and we were howling with laughter. My tutor said "god help you two when you get your own salon!" Still managed to pass the assessment somehow :D xx

Most people have been through this! Practice a bit more and you'll get the knack again in no time!

Latest posts

Back