Epilating Bikini Area

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
min11 said:
Ok have to ask, whats a treasure trail?

And I'm curious about the epilating underarms bit. Legs are no problem as I have done mine for years but never knew it could be used on bikini lines or underarms. I tried it on my underarms only once and had to walk around with my arms out for days :eek: so assumed maybe that really was a terrible idea and probably not meant for that area!

it can be used where ever you want hair to be removed, just takes a bit of getting used to at first.

the treasure trail, crab ladder etc is the hair that some woman get from there belly button down. i used to get really fine hair there and when i was younger i used to shave it, worst thing i ever did as now it's grown back darker, so i either wax or bleach it

i'm a bit of an expert at epilating this area! i use my epilator all the time. don't let the hair grow out more than a week old, or it will kill again! best to run your epilator over about once every 3 days and it doesn't hurt so much. the blood spots are normal if you haven't done it for a while and the hair is longer than a few mm. 2-3 mm is maximum length your looking for otherwise it hurts more, but you can epilate sooner, it will pull hairs 0.5 mm. if you get ingrowing hairs, shave for a bit and then start again and use that exfoliating pad that comes with the epilator. i find i get more ingrowing hairs on the "bikini" area rather than the more sensitive bit anyway, so if i do, i shave that bit but carry on epilating the more sensitive bits. occasionally, you find the hair grows out at different rates, and you seem to be doing it more often. if it does, shave for a few days and then let it grow for a few days and then epilate.

The first time is the most painful, it gets better, honest!

Buggy said:
i'm a bit of an expert at epilating this area! i use my epilator all the time. don't let the hair grow out more than a week old, or it will kill again! best to run your epilator over about once every 3 days and it doesn't hurt so much. the blood spots are normal if you haven't done it for a while and the hair is longer than a few mm. 2-3 mm is maximum length your looking for otherwise it hurts more, but you can epilate sooner, it will pull hairs 0.5 mm. if you get ingrowing hairs, shave for a bit and then start again and use that exfoliating pad that comes with the epilator. i find i get more ingrowing hairs on the "bikini" area rather than the more sensitive bit anyway, so if i do, i shave that bit but carry on epilating the more sensitive bits. occasionally, you find the hair grows out at different rates, and you seem to be doing it more often. if it does, shave for a few days and then let it grow for a few days and then epilate.

The first time is the most painful, it gets better, honest!

Thanks Buggy, lots of useful info there :) Thats 5 days since I epilated my bikini line, and so far I am amazed at how smooth it still feels!! I can feel some tiny regrowth and I plan to epilate again tonight (and then again before my hols to Tenerife on Friday - woohoo!! Planning to take the epilator on hol... for both legs and bikini....is this a good idea? or just shave for the fortnight?). I have been exfoliating gently every other day and so far have not had a problem with ingrowing hairs.

I really am impressed. I used to mainly shave, and the difference is amazing. Before, I'd shave say in the morning, and by the following day I could feel prickly stubble coming through, which could be really itchy! I could never keep the area smooth, because shaving more than say once a week would irritate my skin and i suffered with ingrowing hairs.

Fingers crossed things continue to go smoothly (pardon the pun!) :lol:

Latest posts

Back