Epilation probing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoealana

Reaction score
I started learning epilation a few weeks ago. However i still cant seem to get my probing right. i am still really hit and miss. I use a mag lamp but struggle to see the folicle at times and dont know if this is to do with me wearing glasses for being short sighted.
Does anybody have any tips as i know what to do in theory but just cant seem to actually do it and am getting frustrated :irked:
thankyou

I like not to look through the magnifing lamp when i'm wear glasses , but just get closing enough with the light to see what you are doing. Are you using a foot switch or button on your prob? You should give the skin a good stretch before you put the needle into the skin , if you are not in follicle you should be able to see needle though the skin.Sometimes it just takes a bit of practice . The more you do it the better you get.

Last edited:
will try that thanks hun. we use button on the probe but not got that far yet.

If you cannot see the follicle it does not matter if you have a finger button or not! I presume that you wear glasses and use a mag lamp? PM me if you need advice about the latter. Over stretching the follicle can result in distortion and you still will not get an accurate probe. :hug:

righty essentia. maybe its just going to be practice practice practice. will try using just the light not the mag on it see if that helps. it does not help that my model was white blonde lol

I haven't continued with electrolysis but when I trained the trick seemed to be to look at the direction the hair is entering the skin to see which direction to probe in and also to guide not push the needle in as then you can feel the resistance at the base of their hair. :hug: It definitely takes practice and the confidence not to just work hap hazardously "hoping" you are directing the current to the right spot-trust me many trainees do this!

righty essentia. maybe its just going to be practice practice practice. will try using just the light not the mag on it see if that helps. it does not help that my model was white blonde lol

I think there is a misunderstanding :hug: If you cannot see by using glasses and a mag lamp together then you need extra magnification. One thing you can do is to switch off any light in the room (not the mag lamp!) as this creates contrast when viewing lighter hairs.:)

right well i tried that hun but will keep trying as it is early days. thanks for all your help

you might want to contact Gill Morris who offers electroysis finishing school training which covers how to make perfect insertions. I have done this one day course and it was brilliant. 01455 617628

righty thanks lynn i will look into this if i am still struggling when we finish. Thanks for the advice

Latest posts

Back