epilation??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxkirstxx

Reaction score
heya has any one done epilation because im currently studying it and find the assisgnments quite hard as its hard to find any information exspecially on the internet you can only find it up to a certin extent if any one could help me it would be a great help

there is one question how can the electrogist prove that the dept and angle of the insertion is correct i think i know but just getting it down on piece of paper is the hard bit lol

kirst xxx

In my opinion I would say that you can prove the angle is correct if the client does not feel the insertion.

You know the depth is correct if you stop when you feel any resistance and some of the hairs removed have the complete bulb and sheath attached.

Also you can sometimes see the lye "fizzling" out of the follicle, this suggests there is moisture in the follicle so the insertion is correct.

HTH

Also you can sometimes see the lye "fizzling" out of the follicle, this suggests there is moisture in the follicle so the insertion is correct.

HTH

Surely that would depend on the type of electrolysis you are doing. Lye is produced as a chemical reaction, so this wouldn't apply to diathermy.

Surely that would depend on the type of electrolysis you are doing. Lye is produced as a chemical reaction, so this wouldn't apply to diathermy.

The type of electrolysis wasn't actually specified in the thread but yes this would only apply to blend/galvanic electrolysis.

whats the effects on the skin and follicle the internets crap for information all i got so far is that it causes tissue damage

underneath the dermilpapilla and hair bulb is the dermis isnt it does any one know what the tissues are called in the layer plz

if any one could help would be great fanxs xxxx

Here are some contra-actions from electrolysis:

erythema
blanching or whitening of the epidermis - excessive use of current
weeping follicle - caused by excessive galvanic current
crusts
inflammation
hyper pigmentation
scarring
hypo pigmentation

HTH xx

I would recommend you get Encyclopedia of Hair Removal by Gill Morris and Janice Brown, it covers everything from waxing, to laser, to electrolysis and then some. It was recommended on here a while ago, i got mine from Amazon.

you can alos tell if you insertion is correct because the follica does not ''pucker'' and it glides in with no resistance - you will feel resistance at the bottom of the follicle and if you do no enter correctly

Latest posts

Back