Essential Nail Course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyseeker

Reaction score
Have looked at past threads and everyone seems pretty positive about Essential Nail Courses. It is something I have been thinking about for a long time now as it is quite expensive.

The thing is which one to go for, gell or acrylic? They say that gell is easiest to learn and a good starting point, but would it be better to go straight for the acrylic or is that a bit old fashioned these days?

Trish :hug:

hello, First of all i'd say acrylic has DEFINATELY not gone out of fashion and to be honest I dont think it ever will. Acrylic is so strong and is fantastic for so many things. With gel I cant really comment because I am currently looking for my own gel conversion course but again fantastic things are said about it.

Unfortunately the bottom line falls to you. Which one do you have more interest it. I was taught acrylic first which for me i think was the best way around. Purely because when I then went to train in Gel, I already knew nail Prep, Tips etc so all i had to master was the actual gel.

As far as the "Essential Nails" course is concerned I really cant comment. I have trained with Creative and with Palms nails and out of the two there was no comparison what so ever - Creative were fantastic. I am currently hoping to train with Ez Flow. If I was speaking honestly I dont think I would like to train with a home training package purely becasue I prefer to see demonstrations and be told straight away when I am doing things wrong.

Obvioulsy this is just my opinion as I know the home training system has worked fantastically for other geeks. Again that would have to be your final decision.

I hope this kind of makes sense to you. If there's anything else I can help you with just let me know.

hth

Thanks for your help chrogers. I am leaning towards acrylic at the moment but the gell is tempting as it appears to be easier and quicker to learn.

There is a course at a local college I can go on but I dont know anyone who has done it. I know the tutor as she was one of the beauty therapy tutors who taught me. It is so hard to decide what to do so hopefully there will be a few more replies to help clear things up for me a little more.

Dont worry you will get there!! lol Just never give up. If you are willing to spend the amount of money to do an Essential nails course, why dont you look into training with the product company ie Creative or Ez Flow. There reputation is 2nd to none. The only thing I will say is dont take a cheap option. I did that and learnt........NOTHING! lol Reputation is everything.

You are sooooo right. I will investigate immediately.

hi i orig di ess nails and it was ok to start with but i then realised i needed to know more so i ended p going with youngs for a while until i discovered ezflow. ess nails only teach you the basics, you wont learn how to do a pink and white nail or rebalance. plus some of their ways of doing thind are a bit out dated - white buffer blocks all the way:eek:

Latest posts

Back