Essentials nail course info?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sorry but I have to disagree with JuicyLucy's comments if your friend qualifies with Essential Nails she WILL be able to get insurance and WILL be able to purchase procucts and equipment from trade outlets. I have an essential nails qualification and have a large and VERY SATISFIED client base who love the work I do. I made my biggest mistakes when learning on my own nails and by god that teaches you to get it right.

I have insurance and trade memberships with Aston and Fincher, Sally's and Salon Services plus I purchase my stuff trade from Beauty Express and other online suppliers with no trouble at all.

I have to admit that it helps to have a qualified tech show you where you are going wrong but I am sure your friend has that in you.

On that note I would like to say that I only joined the salon geek forums a few days ago and am now leaving salon geek as the snobbery about home learn is so patronising. To all you others out there who are decent normal people who just want to help thank you for your help it is much appreciated.

I am so disapointed with the unhelpful attitude of some of the members and do not wish to be part of such a community.

I'm not being funny or having a go, but, to be honest, I think if your friend can afford to take a week off work and travel to you, plus afford an Essential Nails Home Course (they don't come cheap), then perhaps she should spend her money on a professional course:!: It will be better for her in the end.

She will not be able to get insurance after "training with a friend" or buy professional products herself.

On that note I would like to say that I only joined the salon geek forums a few days ago and am now leaving salon geek as the snobbery about home learn is so patronising. To all you others out there who are decent normal people who just want to help thank you for your help it is much appreciated.

I am so disapointed with the unhelpful attitude of some of the members and do not wish to be part of such a community.

Erm it's an opinion, not an attitude, to which we are all entitled AND were actually asked for. Are we not allowed an opinion these days unless it is in agreement with you? ... but hey if that's how you feel then no one is forcing you to stay. Shame really because you can always learn more and this is a great place to learn. Happy nailing.

I am sorry but I have to disagree with JuicyLucy's comments if your friend qualifies with Essential Nails she WILL be able to get insurance and WILL be able to purchase procucts and equipment from trade outlets. I have an essential nails qualification and have a large and VERY SATISFIED client base who love the work I do. I made my biggest mistakes when learning on my own nails and by god that teaches you to get it right.

I have insurance and trade memberships with Aston and Fincher, Sally's and Salon Services plus I purchase my stuff trade from Beauty Express and other online suppliers with no trouble at all.

I have to admit that it helps to have a qualified tech show you where you are going wrong but I am sure your friend has that in you.

If you read the original question, we were originally being asked about one tech training another and then "perhaps" going on to an Essential Nail Course. After my initial one to one training with Backscratchers, I also did two Essential Nail Courses and found them very good, so I was not knocking them in any way. No reputable suppliers will allow you to buy their products if you have only trained with a mate.

Over the years there have been many criticisms of NSS's for saving money by one attending a course and then training all the other techs.

Because others have different views from you doesn't really stop them being "decent normal people" :lol:

I have to admit that it helps to have a qualified tech show you where you are going wrong but I am sure your friend has that in you. Surely having an educator to tell you that would be better?

On that note I would like to say that I only joined the salon geek forums a few days ago and am now leaving salon geek as the snobbery about home learn is so patronising. It's my opinion that's all. This site is here to offer advise from different perspectives, to people in different situations - it's not snobbery, it's choice.

I am so disapointed with the unhelpful attitude of some of the members and do not wish to be part of such a community. This community is a 2 way street - yes people can help you but you can also help others. Shame so many members don't see it that way :rolleyes:

Off now to share another opinion......

hi! i am new to this site and i trained with essential nails and passed first time. there are still other courses i want to do but i managed to get my insurance sorted as well. i would have preferred to do a classroom course but then i have a baby to look after and just dont have the time so it was good for me cuz i could fit it in while she was sleeping. :lol:

but i managed to get my insurance sorted as well.

I didn't mean you wouldn't insurance or be able to buy products after training and passing Essential Nail Courses, I meant you wouldn't get either if you only trained with a mate :grr: :lol:

I have an essential nails qualification and have a large and VERY SATISFIED client base who love the work I do. I made my biggest mistakes when learning on my own nails and by god that teaches you to get it right.

NOW THAT'S ATTITUDE (and thats my opinion)
particularly after reading your few threads. The one that got my attention was you (the qualified Essential Nails girl) having trouble sticking tips on your training hand) go figure .........

Hi,
I'm training my friend up in a couple of months, she has never done nails and lives serious miles from me, she is coming down for a week intensive training from moi then I thought about her going on the Essential Nails home course for Acrylic nails. Can I get some feed back from peeps that have done it or if you know of geeks that have... it seems like a great start for her what do you reckon?? Do you think that it would be enough with the wk training too or would she need more?? I haven't heard much about this course so feedback would be fab x

I'm really sorry that your thread has been hijacked as it has - I can honestly say that some peoples reactions make me want to hang up my geek name! and I am not directing that at any one person!

BUT what I will say is that you asked a very valid question and I hope that you have managed to decide what is the best route for your friend - as I said I didn't get on with training on my own, but that was down to me not Essential Nails.

The other thing is, that some companies also use the trainer hand to practice on, so that is obviously a good thing - better to cut plastic cuticles - no blood to clear up :wink2: so therefore a pretty good stepping stone as some have said!

I wish you and your friend all the best and at the end of it, if she has the passion, she will suceed at what she does :hug:

Rightio off to work catch you all later :hug:

I didn't mean you wouldn't insurance or be able to buy products after training and passing Essential Nail Courses, I meant you wouldn't get either if you only trained with a mate :grr: :lol:

sorry i realised i read it wrong after i posted my reply oops :lol:

well for what its worth i think its a great idea! not many of us trainee techs get the opportunity to go round with a professional tech for a week!

Latest posts

Back