Essie Gel Couture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkigems

Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone got any experience of using the new gel polish by Essie? Reviews online seem to be good. I use only Shellac gel polish, but i'm looking for something new to add for my clients! I'm getting a bit bored of the Shellac colors ;-/

My salon carries OPI, IBD, CND Shellac and Essie Gel-polish and I have to say, CND and Essie are the least favorite brands among both my techs and our clients. Essie has a great color selection, but the consistency of the polish formulation from color to color is different, as well as pigmentation. Some colors have strong pigment, 2 coats is more than enough, no shrinkage etc. The lighter pinks/purples tend to fade over time, a handful of colors shrink like mad and some colors are quite watery looking and require multiple coats. The base coat is easy to apply, but tends to stick to the nail more than other brands during removal. My last beef is with the brushes...they're the same skinny brushes that Essie uses for their regular polishes. If that's your jam, great! But I find them a little difficult to work with.

Overall, it's not a bad line, it's just not my favorite.

My salon carries OPI, IBD, CND Shellac and Essie Gel-polish and I have to say, CND and Essie are the least favorite brands among both my techs and our clients. Essie has a great color selection, but the consistency of the polish formulation from color to color is different, as well as pigmentation. Some colors have strong pigment, 2 coats is more than enough, no shrinkage etc. The lighter pinks/purples tend to fade over time, a handful of colors shrink like mad and some colors are quite watery looking and require multiple coats. The base coat is easy to apply, but tends to stick to the nail more than other brands during removal. My last beef is with the brushes...they're the same skinny brushes that Essie uses for their regular polishes. If that's your jam, great! But I find them a little difficult to work with.

Overall, it's not a bad line, it's just not my favorite.
I didn't hear anything good about it :p:p

Latest posts

Back