Ex mother-in-law cut my daughter's hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlyema

Reaction score
More of a rant than anything else really. My daughter (4yo) came back from her dads this weekend with her fringe absolutely destroyed. Looks like she hacked at it herself with a kitchen scissors. Turns out my ex MIL took it upon herself to cut it! Im absolutely fuming! My blood is seriously boiling over since last night I cant even sleep!!! Her hair is my pride and joy and im one of those really frustrating mothers that hovers over a hairdresser (paid professional only!!) everytime she gets it cut.

Total nightmare :'(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Almost forgot my actual query! Is it worth my while seeing if a hairdresser can fix it or will I wait (tearfully) until it grows back?
Its much shorter on one side than the other and much thicker than it was.

I really feel for you. If my ex's family did that to my daughter I would be fuming too!
With regards to the fringe is there a way u could clip it to one side whilst it grows back? Maybe wet it down and then clip it. There's probably not much your hairdresser can do unfortunately but worth a trip if it would make you feel a bit better, without seeing it properly it's difficult to advise as to what she could do xx

Agreed get it evened out or clip it or even plait it tightly, then go punch your mil in the face 😂 and make sure they know under no circumstances is anyone allowed to do that again! My sis in law had this happen recently a head full of layers cut into a 4 year old hair! 🙊 auntie needed to "practice" needless to say I rescued the cut but heads did roll!

I knew fellow geeks would make me feel better! Im going to go to the salon as suggested. And send her the bill!!!!
Left my ex know how furious I am and he is basically telling me im psychotic and his mother has "every right" to chop her hair!
They live really far away.... im on the verge of marching the 10 (or so) miles just to get the satisfaction of banging down the door and shouting at whoever answers!!

This is her hair under normal circumstances!
(She is dancing to guns n roses!!)
I dont have the heart to upload an 'after' pic!

Attachments

• 1417468864715.jpg
    1417468864715.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 380
I wouldn't worry about showing the after pic, every hairdresser has seen a child cut disaster don't worry, I had a little girl recently had cut her own hair on one side right down to the scalp, the only thing we could do was change her parting to try to cover it

It's only hair, it will grow back.
Is it really worth having a full scale war over a rubbish fringe haircut?

Honestly, let it go and reserve your anger for more serious issues, otherwise, you'll probably end up feeling angry with your ex a lot of the time. (Voice of experience!)

Chin up and give your lovely little girl a big hug. xx

I just want assurance that it wont happen again... thatll shut me up and prevent ww3!!! Im not getting that though :'(

She doesn't even know its awful herself thats my only consolation shes not old enough to be upset herself yet!!!

His mother has always been interfering from when the baba was a day old and she got annoyed that I choose not to breastfeed without consulting with her first!!

Ahhh exes....

..... Ex's are ex's for a reason!!x

Very true fluffy26!
Appointment with the hairdresser tomorrow to see what can be done!

Latest posts

Back