Excellent nail course at Next Step Beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christene22

Reaction score
I have just finished a 5 day nail course with Next Step Beauty in Chester and can thoroughly recommend them. I have been so impressed with the service I have received for just £395 :eek: which to me is such a little amount to get qualified :lol:.

My tutor Polly was amazing and so knowledgeable, she even stayed behind after the course and showed us some other techniques which weren't actually in the course.

I thought the course structure was very good as I was worried about learning all this in just 5 days but now am ready to practice at home and have already contacted them on Facebook which they responded to within minutes. A brilliant course and I can't wait to do another one with them! Highly recommended.

great stuff! always nice to see a course recommendation :)

I can second this, just completed the complete nail course, spray tan course and nail art course in Bristol with the FANTASTIC Emma, she was simply brilliant! Totally also agree their support is unbelievable - have now booked to do the pedicure course with them too! :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello. Just wanted to share my experience of Next Step as I have just completed their nail course in Bristol. I had Emma who was a FANTASTIC tutor. She really could not do enough for us and took the time to explain everything in a way I could understand. Did the complete nail technicians course which included all the systems. I was so pleased I also booked and did the spray tan and nail art course on the same week. The support they provide has also been great on the occasions I have had some questions I have used their Facebook page. I have now booked to do their pedicure course! Really can not speak highly enough of these guys and everyone should do their training with them.

That's fantastic that you got to complete the course! Mine keeps getting rescheduled, still waiting for a refund :(

That's fantastic that you got to complete the course! Mine keeps getting rescheduled, still waiting for a refund :(

jessicabell mentions that they have a Facebook page Natalie - how about posting something on there about the fact that you're still waiting for a refund?

I'm sure they'll be keen to clear up any "misunderstandings" and avoid any negative publicity.....:wink2:

That's a good idea! I don't have facebook though?! Might have to sign up :lol:

Yes there facebook page is Next Step Nail & Beauty Training Company | Facebook post it on there as all there seems to be is very good positive feedback on them! As i say my course was fantastic and my friend done the course in Liverpool and said the same! Reading threads on here there seems to be a bit of a witch hunt by a few users for them!

Not at all! There is not many threads on NSB I don't think! Nothing that says anything bad about their training anyway (to which I can not comment on as I haven't trained with them!) - just them rescheduling courses is all I have read! Yes I will post on Facebook, have to get an account first! Hopefully I can post later that NSB have sorted my problems out and issued my refund! Fingers crossed!

Good luck with that, it will come round quick im sure.

As there were two threads started today on this company and their training, I merged both threads. Sorry for confusion.

Well I don't want to rain on anyones parade here...but seriously I think it would be impossible to cover what this Complete Nail Technicians Course says it does in 5 days.

Fibreglass , Gel AND Acrylic all in 4 days...then an assessment day after a few weeks.
I think everyone that does this course, will really need Salongeek ;)

I'm really chuffed i found this thread! I'm going on the complete nail technicians course with them in just over a week (hopefully!It was supposed to be in April but i too suffered from the reschedualing thing!boo!) It's good to hear good comments about their actual training :)
I've already gained a diploma in acrylics and nail art with essential nails and have spent the last 7 months researching all the recommended nail products/ preffered ways to do things/ tutorials etc etc etc (all mainly on salon geek!) and have done some practising on real people as well as my nail trainer, so i feel i've got myself prepared enough to take in and understand what I'm going to learn during the week's course.
I wouldn't like to be doing this course as a complete beginner as my brain can't take in too much info all at once :irked: there is actually SO much to learn about nails isn't there!? SO many different ways of doing things and SO many products!
Sorry i'm bangin' on a bit now lol. Thanks for this thread anyway! It's given me a bit more confidence in the course i'm taking :) couldn't find any feedback on here before! xx

Hi

I am thinking seriously about booking the NS Complete Nail Tech course and glad to read some positive comments ... a little worried about the course dates being altered though as some of you have experienced. I joined Salongeek after looking on Google about the college and found a review where someone stated that the college takes your money and runs!! But having read these comments and also visited the Facebook link lots of people rate it which far outways the 1 single bad comment.

Chrisitine22 you have recently completed the course ... can you tell me about it. What was the course content like? I have compared modules with other courses and need some reassurance please! What was the review day like and did you find that the 8 weeks was enough practice time? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

I've got to say I wasn't impressed with nsb at all. Heard some great things so went to do the course and didn't think much to the structure, I felt the theory was rushed and was only breifly covered. Learning 3 systems as well as manicure was just too intense. I'm qualified already in Mani and acrylic but as I haven't done extensions in many years wanted to re train.
As an earlier post said, it's too much to learn. I wouldn't recommend a course this intense in such a short space of time.
I found the communication lacking as well.
Must of been a rough patch as not many negatives on them. Just my personal experience was disappointing.

I also wasn't happy with NSB.

The fact is, they changed my course dates twice which I wasn't happy about. They wouldn't give me a refund so I had to take them them to court..I won the judgement against them..!

That was 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for them to refund my money..

- Y

The fact is, they changed my course dates twice which I wasn't happy about. They wouldn't give me a refund so I had to take them them to court..I won the judgement against them..!

- Y

I remember reading about it Sally.

Shocking! Hopefully you'll have your money soon so you can go with a proper company that's if they haven't scared you half to death of parting with your hard earned cash again! X

- Y

wow!
that is unbelievable that you had to go through that! what made them think they could keep your money! i know they reschedule courses a lot due to double booking tutors. they book them in two places at a time and cancel the least busy one! or so i've heard anyway!!
I'm glad you won and I hope you got your money soon! good luck!

Well I don't want to rain on anyones parade here...but seriously I think it would be impossible to cover what this Complete Nail Technicians Course says it does in 5 days.

Fibreglass , Gel AND Acrylic all in 4 days...then an assessment day after a few weeks.
I think everyone that does this course, will really need Salongeek ;)

I agree, until you try to do the job you don't know what is lacking. I did a similar course and thought it was WONDERFUL until real life stepped in. No matter how great your tutor seems or how fabulous you believe your training to have been you don't actually know how good or bad it was until you try to get out there and be a real nail technician.
Glad you ladies loved it and I hope you do well but I also wonder if there will be a frenzy of " help" posts shortly.

Don't mean to sound negative so please girls, prove me wrong.:Love:

- Y

Well done you for taking them to court, but shame on NSB - both for not refunding you in the first place, forcing you to take such action, and for STILL not refunding you even now! Shocking behaviour. No reputable company would behave like this.

Have you posted on their Facebook page?

Latest posts

Back